This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Tuatha De Cycle: The Spear of Assal
Two days later
Nuada's Keep beneath the Hill of Tara
The Isles of Erie

The Court of the Tuatha De wiki

“You gave Old Kerr’gan a proper place at court for that?” Abcan asked with an amused look in his brown eyes. The dwarf was dressed as splendidly as ever in silks and leathers. The Heartstone spearhead was floating between himself and Lugh.

“We need more smiths, Abcan,” Lugh said seriously as the Light raged inside of him; he was the one responsible for the fibers of Air that held the spearhead aloft. Kerr’gan had been paid his remaining gold the night before and immediately began to pack his bags. Lugh had insisted that the man stay put in Gorias, but apparently, the Hill of Tara called to Master Kerr’gan’s soul – or so he had claimed. He planned to leave by Doorway as soon as his workshop was crated up.

“Better him than Esras, I suppose,” Abcan shrugged, “You’d have nothing but trouble from that one – were he to get too close to the High Council. You can put that thing away now. Heartstone never impressed me much.”

Lugh flushed slightly before adjusting his fibers and dividing the flow in two. The cloth wrappings were scooped up by invisible hands and made to perfectly wrap up the spearhead once more. Lugh stowed it away in his scrip and released the Light. Abcan had gone back to his lyre, plucking away absentmindedly. Lugh settled back down onto a large sofa that Abcan had built into the wall of his sitting room.

“They both share a Heartstone source, apparently,” Lugh said as he picked up his ale and took a pull.

“For the love of Danu,” Abcan groaned as he swung his head back dramatically.

“You’re the one that wanted to know how things went up in Gorias, well I’m telling you,” Lugh snorted and threw an empty mug at the other man’s head, “I need it for the guard. So, unless you know someone that can source it for me – or better yet – teach me how it’s done.”

Abcan batted the mug away with an unaffected air, “I deal in intrigue, not shipping manifestos. You’d be better off speaking with Brigid.”

“Why her?” Lugh asked with a puzzled expression. Brigid was one of the great healers of the Tuatha De and often known for her generosity; she was no tradeswoman.

“Ah, that’s right. Her three sons left the Hill before you came banging on Nuada’s gates,” Abcan said as he perked up slightly, “Surely, you’ve heard their names, though. Gobain, Credne, and Luchta?”

“Brigid is their mother? I had no idea! Last I heard, one of them had died in the Battle of Tory,” Lugh said before finishing his mug of ale. Truly that was a shock. Those three brothers had earned their places in Nuada’s court ten times over if half the stories were to be believed. If Lugh could convince even one of them to return to the Hill, it would only raise his legitimacy in the eyes of the Council.

“Might want to get in good with her. If anyone knows where they’ve scampered off to, it would be her. I’d bet my last mark on Gobain or Credne knowing what you’re after,” Abcan stood from his seat near the fireplace and grabbed the fallen mug. He came to sit near Lugh and poured out ale for the pair of them.

“I can always buy her off. That seems to be working well enough these days,” Lugh said as he leaned back into the sofa, taking the mug gratefully.

“Marks won’t work with that one, my king,” Abcan said smartly, “But I do happen to know what will. Question is, what are you going to do for that information?”

It was Lugh’s turn to groan loudly.

“This again? Isn’t the title of Court Bard supposed to be beneath a God, Ab?”

“Not this God, Lu. Not this God.”

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Tuatha De Cycle: The Spear of Assal - by Aiden Finnegan - 04-01-2022, 01:44 AM