This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Grand Affair
[Image: Leodon_atBall.jpg]
Lord Leodon Taravin
Heir to the High Seat of House Taravin
Caemlyn, Andor

As a member of the host family, it was Leodon’s duty to participate in greeting their visitors in company of his parents. Afterward he danced with his mother to open the ball under the watchful eye of the more austere High Seat. Soon he transitioned from the dance floor and was swallowed up by his peers. A circle soon formed as gossip and platitudes were shared.

Soon, some of what they were saying reached his ears. He’d been paying little attention.

“Ignore him. He’s clearly distracted by something.”

“Something much more enticing than our boring conversation.”

“Or someone,” laughter followed.

Leodon looked over, catching their eyes with a grim smile. “You are right. I am preoccupied with the burden of my impending responsibilities.”

“Always so serious, Leodon. It’s a party, relax.”

“How can I do that when thousands of Andoran lives will soon be on the line?” The mood darkened as soon as he said it. Looks were exchanged and Leodon sighed apologetically.

"My apologies. We are celebrating.” He raised his glass, wondering when he would become accustomed to the pressure building inside. Murmurs followed in general agreement, but he did not overlook the glances shared between a few of his companions.

Which was when he caught the eye of a new arrival to their circle. Pathor Winther held himself with poise and confidence. His youthful, handsome face drew many a long look from their female companions, but despite his popularity, Leodon never got on overly well with any of the Winthers. He was civil, however.

“Speaking of celebrations, it seems Lord Pathor is due congratulations on his recent match.”

Leodon was content to let the others carry on once the new topic was introduced, and he excused himself.

Messages In This Thread
A Grand Affair - by Carter de Volthström - 08-30-2023, 10:32 PM
RE: A Grand Affair - by Nesrin Aziz - 09-22-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: A Grand Affair - by Carter de Volthström - 10-01-2023, 08:06 PM
RE: A Grand Affair - by Colette Moreau - 10-02-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: A Grand Affair - by Nesrin Aziz - 02-01-2024, 11:25 AM