This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Jacinda Cross

Jacinda slept in small increments. Despite the cold of night, she felt hot. Alcohol did that to her. She was half-asleep, dreams semi-conscious memories of the night, lucid and controlled in one sense, but still not merely imagining or fantasy. They were far too real for that.

The sheep pen discovery was every bit as terrifying and yet the very next moment they were lounging in the hotel room, relaxed in their beds after cleaning up....when the cute waiter from the grill brought them their drinks... and she was enjoying the way Jill smiled and moved her lips as she spoke, eyes lighting up, and yet somehow, at the same time, Jacinda could also see her in her early 20s at college, laughing and hiking and sitting next to a girl she was interested in.... and suddenly she was the girl and they were at the Top Deck and the waiter was the kid who had asked them to dance with his sweet nervousness.

I'm curious about her mouth, dream-Jacinda thought, and suddenly she was very aware of just how playful and expressive those lips were, wondered how they might feel, wanted to see them respond to her. Because she was mesmerized.

And Jacinda's heart was beating as she suddenly realized how hot it was and kicked off the heavy blanket and suddenly the dream images vanished like a popped bubble and it was black deathly quiet. She looked over to the other bed and only made out the sleeping mound that was Jill, her smooth even breathing indicating she was still deep in sleep.

Jacinda got up, enjoying the coolness against her bare legs and arms, and went to bathroom- no lights. Didn't want to wake Jill....or herself really- and cupped her hand under the faucet to quietly get a drink of water. Refreshed of the stale cottonmouth she got back into bed and, after a moment, adjusted the heavy blanket so her legs were free but torso covered.

She looked again at Jill's shapeless form. Not so shapeless, she remembered. Not at all. Strangely, she was very aware of their proximity and her heart sped up a little.

You're drunk, she laughed and rolled over, letting her mind drift as was her habit, watching the leaf-like thoughts drift down the river. She picked up none of them, honed in on none of them, and gradually, the gentle rolling let her sleep.

When she woke she wasn't hungover or anything, not really. Not that she expected it. Jill must have awoke at the sounds of her in the shower for when Jacinda came out in her towel, Jill was already pulling clothes out for the day. "I'll be done in a sec," she said, vaguely feeling odd.

Jill's smile was natural. Indeed, she seemed relaxed and at peace. Her hair was a mess and she still had that I-just-woke-up look, but there was something different about her. Free. Peace. About time. She was away from the stifling atmosphere.

"No biggie. Mind if I jump in while you get going?" Jacinda only took a second to nod before she walked passed her into the bathroom and was pulling her tank top and bottoms off and jumping into the shower. For a half second, Jacinda noticed and didn't look away.

She shook it off and went and got dressed, t-shirt and wool flannel shirt over, black jeans and a denim jacket. She went back into the bathroom and wiped the fog off the mirror before she started finishing her hair, teeth and general touching up.

Only vaguely was she aware of the indistinct sillouette from the shower reflected in the foggy parts of the mirror. Over the noise of the water, Jill asked "So, we just hanging out today?

Jacinda didn't look as she flossed. "No. I figure we go some place locals may talk. A diner or something."

The water shut off and the silence was deafening. "Make's sense. Hey, can you hand me a towel?"

Jacinda felt her pulse jump but she reached for the rack and pulled one down and held it out to the door. It started to open and she turned, feeling it snatched from her hands. "Here. I'll give you a sec," and she left.

She had to get all her crap for the day anyway. Jill came out in her towel and Jacinda went back to finish her morning rituals.

When she came out, Jill was wearing a tshirt that said "Cosmic Music Festival- Phoenix- March 15, 2023," along with an old astronaut hovering over the logo. Underneath were a list of various artists, none of whom she recognized.

They both finished and after a check with the hotel clerk were driving to the Golden Sands Cafe. The place had a similar western feel to the Top Deck and the smell of coffee filled the air.

Jacinda smiled, inhaling, feeling some of the fog of last night dispel. So maybe she had been a bit hung over. It explained a lot. "Now that's more like it," she said, breathing deeply. "After the swill I've been making, this is heaven."

Jill laughed sweetly. "Oh get out of here. You're coffee was fine. But....when we go to Flag, I'll take you to the Lumberjack's Mill. Best breakfast ever. And because there are so many snobby rich kids, they have the best coffee. You'll love it!" Jill looked so excited that Jacinda found it contagious.

Her heartbeat relaxed for some reason.

A voice interruped. "Hi, I'm Sasha. What can I get you started to drink." Jacinda and Jill looked up to see a cute curvy brunette with green highlights in her hair and studs where her dimples should be, a lip piercing and one in the hollow of her neck looking at both of them. 

There was a twinkle in her eye.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 10-25-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-01-2019, 06:19 AM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-03-2019, 09:25 PM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-05-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-07-2019, 02:45 AM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-07-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-08-2019, 10:37 PM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-10-2019, 05:53 AM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-13-2019, 12:01 AM
RE: Jacinda Cross - by Jacinda - 03-13-2019, 09:34 PM