This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A friend in need
Jon frowned as Julie Reed walked away from the living room. Great Spirit, she was an uncouth one. And what was that about Nick Trano packing up and going to DV -- "pretending" to be a journalist?

Then it struck him. Reed wasn't Nick Trano's bodyguard. She was his handler. NSA, DIA, CIA perhaps? It suddenly occurred to Jon that she might have known everything Jon had shared with Trano. Plans, sensitive information about the Native Americans -- his own abilities -- Jon had told Trano those things in an effort to gain his trust and help him comprehend his own abilities. Perhaps keep him from killing himself through ignorance. Having some intel group on the know was something else entirely -- and the implications were scary.

"What haven't you told me about her?"
He shot at Trano in an accusatory tone. Without waiting for an answer, he turned and chased after Reed down the hallway.

The Great Spirit flooded Jon with energy as he caught up with Reed in the doorway of her room. He prepared weaves to fling at her if she tried anything.

As Jon suspected, he caught a glimpse of a monitor in her room that displayed the living room. Was her room or the hallway bugged as well? He thought about the sound-enhancing weave he'd created the night before, and spun a variation of it around the two of them. Any sound vibrations that reached the edge of the barrier should just slide around the edges and dissipate rather than penetrate through.

"Ms. Reed, I apologize for the intrusion, but quite frankly you've been rude to me since I set foot in this hotel suite, and now I can see you've been spying on me. I would think -- since Trano seems to be in the know about your status -- you work for a Stateside agency, and as a private citizen I don't appreciate my own government spying on my private activities."

Jon focused on Reed and kept his voice calm. Anger wouldn't serve him well here. Best to be rational and show her why it would be in her best interest to cooperate.

"No one else can hear what I'm saying. I'm not here to interfere with whatever your mission here is with Trano. In fact I can help -- and have probably already done so already. But whatever you've learned about myself or Trano this morning -- needs to stay with you for the time being. I'm not about to have some agency tracking my every move. Whatever's been sent back to be analyzed by some halpless intern or desk agent -- you need to get that quashed before it goes anywhere, or, so help me Great Spirit I will blow your whole operation out of the water and create such a stink over government spying on its own citizens you'll wish you did as I asked."

It shouldn't be too difficult for Reed to do as Jon had asked. It was unlikely that anyone of importance was watching on the other end -- yet. The CIA or NSA or whoever she was with was likely gathering thousands of feeds from around the world at once -- and those had to be sifted through first. All Reed had to do was pull the feed, call it classified, heck -- even say that someone had just been screwing with the feed and that it wasn't authentic. He didn't really care how it was accomplished.

Jon locked eyes with Reed. The power of the Great Spirit trembled within him, begging to be unleashed as he kept a close rein on it. He lowered his voice. "Something you need to understand is that you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. And where Trano's a pup that's been barely weaned, I'm a coyote stalking his prey among the high grasses. Do you believe that I could make you do as I asked without your cooperation? Don't make me show you what I'm capable of, you won't even remember it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 10-28-2013, 05:26 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 10-28-2013, 11:37 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 11-05-2013, 01:26 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 11-19-2013, 12:33 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-21-2013, 07:14 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 11-23-2013, 10:39 AM