This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Dissonance or harmony
Michael simply nodded at Nikolai's words. Whatever methods the man had been using, they were inefficient. If Tony could be believed - and always admitted uncertainty if there was any - any man could be 'salvaged' if reached in time.

However, it was a point best left for another time. Nikolai and the Director would certainly not appreciate being questioned. let alone shown up. Perhaps at a different time he would have pressed the matter, but Nikolai had entrusted him with men. He could not be everywhere at once. If he taught the method to the others though...

He would have to ask Leon to map secure routes to quarantine zones.

The additional concern of females he shut out from his mind. They were far too different Tony had said, and Nikolai's work seemed to prove it.

He was reminded of Ayden and Connor's offer but once again shoved it to the back of his mind, paying no heed to the temptation. The dead body being carted off before him in Nikolai's underground 'laboratory' affected even his nerves, although his face showed no sign of distaste. Truly, not even Michael had known what he was getting into. Now he had seen perhaps only the surface, he could not involve the two, whatever experience the woman claimed to have had.

His reasoning was not purely sentimental of course. The danger of even proposing such a thing to Nikolai was not worth the cost. Michael would trust no-one but himself with the malleable 'weapons'.

"I can do nothing for the females, they are not like the males. I doubt I could teach them even were they to survive,"
he admitted. "I will salvage what I can, at your command."
He managed to keep the bitter sarcasm from his voice this time.

Noting the curious silence, he changed the subject. "I understand my role, but what of Sigma Marcus? I am sure he is eager to serve in whatever way he can."
A more diplomatic mind would have phrased it better, but at present, Michael did not feel particularly diplomatic.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-14-2014, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-14-2014, 06:23 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-15-2014, 08:41 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-17-2014, 08:53 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-18-2014, 07:48 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-18-2014, 11:46 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-19-2014, 09:30 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-21-2014, 12:26 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 12-24-2014, 05:01 PM