This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Door after door
Alric’s mind began to settle after what seemed like hours. Now that the fire and ice that flooded into his veins was beat into submission, at least for the moment, for the moment he began to assess how, exactly, he was going to use this glorious strength. He didn’t actually feel stronger physically nor had his mental fatigue gone away. He was just as weak and sickly as just moments before. He didn’t have the words, in any of the languages he knew, to describe it well. Just Power. Alric’s focus moved to quieting his mind and reining in his emotions. He would seek fulfillment to his vengeance soon, but the lessons learned from his father and instructors would be the leash.

While he calmed down, he began to become aware of a growing threat. It was moving closer and growing more powerful than the threat that he could feel from himself. Soon he could track the feeling with his eyes. It’s just so dense and overwhelming. It cowed Alric a small bit unconsciously. Now he would need his mind clear and be in control. Otherwise, he admitted regretfully to himself, he would be crushed as he watched the threat enter the room.

Well doesn’t that just beat all. The greatest conqueror known to history, the leader whose empire spans half of the globe and many would say he was a God; The Ascendancy, flanked by two men, entered the room. It was hard to tear his eyes from the man whom he had sworn to defend but he did manage to glance over the two men that stood near the door. Their hands were clasped in front of their coat buttons but the tell tale line told Alric that their coats were still closed, which meant that they thought him of little threat. However, as a former member of the GSG 9 of the sixth Dominance, Alric knew the protection detail that watched over the Privilege and other VIPs. They worked in three man groups and always one of the bodyguards were left side dominant. This way they could produce less risk of the Ascendancy, or their charges, being in their lanes of fire should the need arise for bullets to fly. Which told Alric that the third man was behind the mirror, in all likelihood with weapon drawn and his head in the crosshairs.

Alric’s glaze moved back to the Ascendancy. The menace that flowed off the man was unbelievable. His stance warned Alric that he was no stranger to combat. It also told him that he was used to his mantle of control that he wore that made everyone obedient. Alric wrapped himself within the hot cold of the Power he held much like a child wraps himself in a blanket for security. He would not shy away like a young wolf cub, but he did show a small bit of decorum (and intelligence) and stared at his chin and not squarely into his eyes like he had been moments before.

Sergeant Alric Rainer. Retired member of GSG 9 of the Sixth Dominance, Excellency.
” GSG 9, originally a Special Operations Group of the Germanic Federal Police. Before the Ascendancy came to power they were, and still are, one of the best S.O.G. within the Dominances. With an average of 3000 missions completed and only twenty weapon discharges and specializing in kidnapping and counter-terrorism, many of the other Privileges and VIPs sent their retainers to the GSG 9 for training. One in five managed to complete the training and while their division had multiplied they still held their high standards in regards to earning the badge. Alric didn’t feel the need to mention that he was only an active member for one year before being moved to Public Affairs and being placed on the reserves list. But surely he would know this. How could he not know if he was here, where ever this was.Excellency why am I held prisoner? I’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve served honorably. Why have you done this to me?
What is this Power? Why can I feel it pulsate from you? How dare you look at me like I’M THE ENEMY!

Edited by Alric Xavier Rainer, Aug 31 2013, 01:37 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-17-2013, 07:21 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
[No subject] - by Krasivolkya - 08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-22-2013, 05:12 PM
[No subject] - by Alric Xavier Rainer - 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 08-26-2013, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-27-2013, 07:21 PM
[No subject] - by Alric Xavier Rainer - 08-30-2013, 11:43 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
[No subject] - by Alric Xavier Rainer - 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM