This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Turncoat
Ricky nodded his head after the man spoke in acknowledgement of his words. The man's voice boomed with authority. Whether that was from natural charisma, his rumored powers, or in Ricky's head was still up for debate. It could be any combination of the three.

"I run a bar in the city right now, but along with that, I've also had another job."
Ricky said, wondering if the guy would actually believe. "There are things in this world - spoken of in myth and legend that actually exist. I'm part of a brotherhood that has fought these creatures for centuries."

Ricky paused for a moment, considering his words carefully. "Before I had a bar, I was a gunslinger for a traveling show. As a result I'm an excellent shot, and my position within this organization has been as a hunter of those creatures. I have a level head in difficult situations."

Ricky paused for a longer amount of time. He pulled out Marta's picture and looked at it again, giving him the courage to do what he needed to do. This could be bad for him. "There are rumors about you SeƱor Oakland. Rumors that you can do extraordinary things. These rumors often reach the ears of those in the Atharim - that is what this society is called. The Atharim will decide to determine if the rumors are true and if they are, they will come after you.

Ricky was certain that the guards would probably tense up. "Power corrupts is what the idea is. I don't agree with that. You've done more for this country in a short time than my brotherhood has done in centuries. I offer you my services as a gunman and as a double agent for the Atharim. I'll report whatever you want me to and will inform you if they are chasing you. You will know them by their calling card."
Ricky lifted the sleeve of his shirt, revealing the red, green, and gold ouroboros tattoo. "The snake eating it's own tail - the ouroboros. Stylized differently, but always on the left forearm."

He approached, unconcerned about the guards, but he held up his hands showing he wasn't armed and handed the picture to Damien. "That is Marta. A girl I rescued from a Nuevo Leon brothel. She's twelve. I would do anything to protect her and prevent others from going through what she went through. I know you probably won't trust me yet, but I want to help you. Let me join you."

Edited by Enrique, Sep 10 2015, 08:08 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Enrique - 08-24-2015, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by Damien - 08-27-2015, 03:22 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 08-30-2015, 01:06 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 09-08-2015, 10:50 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 09-10-2015, 08:07 AM
[No subject] - by Damien - 09-20-2015, 01:16 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 09-25-2015, 11:37 AM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 09-29-2015, 12:40 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 10-14-2015, 02:19 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 10-20-2015, 10:55 AM