This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Arriving in Moscow
Her honest reaction to his offer was all the confirmation he needed that he had made the right choice. He'd put her in a difficult position at best; there were no shortage of dangerous folks below the city streets that wouldn't take well to illegals talking to the police. Less so any that could speak to a Chief Inspector. But if she played her cards right, she'd be able to keep below their radar; he intended to having a much more active presence in the underground, and of seeding a few more cards around in other camps if he could. And if any trouble did come her way, he wasn't the type to leave his contacts high and dry.

At her request he wait, Drayson remained seated and studied the folks that had gathered to watch the dealings. He'd picked up on the problem they were having quickly; they were from all around the world, and language barriers were a pressing issue. His gaze settled on one of the younger children, who was studiously dunking what appeared to be a stale biscuit in some water to soften it up before he could take a bite out of it. He again realized how entirely unsuitable the city's soup kitchen program was.

He accepted the sheet from her delicately, holding it at a bit of an angle to let what light there was to hit the page. It took him a few moments to get his bearings, but in the end he flashed a confident smile and carefully rolled the piece of paper, worried that folding it would lead to smudges and tears in the fragile paper. "I'll look into it. Could be just the sort of thing I am looking for."

With that he stood, calmly adjusting his coat as he did. "If you need anything, or hear anything you think I might want to know, you know how to reach me. If you have any trouble with officials, or anyone else, let me know. Of course, it's a two way street. You help me, I help you."
He smiled then, and produced a toothpick from a rather old looking leather and brass cigarette case, and tucked it between his teeth. "Interest free advances are negotiable, of course."

If she were to be in need of something, and so long as it wasn't something that would require an 'official' response on his part, he was likely to give generously. Happy contacts were usually loyal contacts. That and helping her would mean helping her little community.