The First Age

Full Version: Chatroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I've been fiddling with the widget that handles the site's chatroom client. I officially registered the channel with Mibbit, so if you use the app or an IRC client, our channel is officially:

#TheFirstAge

Since the channel is now registered, it should appear that I am the owner/operator. Previously, whoever was the first person in the room was automatically granted full operator status. I am attempting to make this process more secure.

If you have any problem with the chatroom loading, working, operating, etc please post it here so I can be made aware of it.

I am likely to continue to make changes and tweak things over the next few days. Full apologies if this causes interruptions to the chat room functioning. If you find an interruption, just keep refreshing until it comes back, it's likely that I am just working on it.
Just as an fyi, you can download an app on your phone to talk in chat. just search IRC client and you'll be set.

Server: irc.mibbit.com
Port: default (don't do anything)
Channel is #thefirstage

There are also PC clients. I was using Pidgin but it was a pain in the butt but it's a multi chat client so you can hook up facebook, gtalk/hangouts, aim, yahoo etc.

I am currently using HexChat and like it. It's free and could be an alternative to those who have issues with the web client.

Edited by Aria, Nov 30 2014, 12:15 PM.
As there have been a few people who have needed help with Setting up Hex Chat I figured I'd do a quick tutorial on it.

Tutorial to set up hexchat
Just an FYI, Asc shut down chat a bit ago, and we have it back up and running now.

It looks different but it is the same network so those of you on your phone or desktop apps shouldn't have to do anything different.

I've not used it much but I don't think it'll have as many issues as the other one and there are no ads attached to it so you should be golden.

However if you see glitches let me know and I'll look for another avenue to go. There are a few options. This was the quickest and simpliest method.
Thank you so much. It looks great.
Not a problem at all.

*oops wrong account*

Edited by Borovsky, Jan 8 2018, 07:03 PM.
Is anyone else in the chatroom right now? i can't tell if it's working or if it's just me in there right now.
nevermind
For anyone who doesn't already know, I tried a new IRC app on my phone, and I CAN'T GET IT TO LOG OUT. I've tried logging out and closing the app but it makes no difference. So yeah, ghost Thal is ghost.
Think we got her ghost exorcised [Image: 1.png]
Pages: 1 2