The First Age

Full Version: Prophecies of Apollyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The first prophecy discovered in a sunken vessel in the Gulf of Mexico by the Smith Foundation. It is somewhere in the vicinity of 5000+ years old and was transcribed in over six languages in order to ensure the survival of the text. It is presented here in it's Greek form and translated into English. This may be the prophecy of the Fifth Age Atropos regarding the coming of Apollyon. How is made its way across the Atlantic in so many languages from an age so far removed is unknown.

Έρχεται. Το ένα προείπε της από Άτροπος. Το αντιτορπιλικό. Η αναίμακτη κατακτητή, ο οποίος δεν θα κατακτήσει με στρατούς και μηχανές του πολέμου, αλλά και με χρυσό και πονηριά. Θα σημάνει την αρχή του τέλους. Θα πρέπει να επισημαίνονται με το σκοτωμένο ζώο, και ο κόσμος θα καταρρεύσει με τον ερχομό του. Απολλύων έρχεται. Φύγετε πριν από την επιστροφή των νεκρών θεών.

He is coming. The one foretold of by Atropos. The Destroyer. The bloodless conqueror, who will conquer not with armies and machines of war, but with gold and guile. He will herald the beginning of the end. He will be marked with the slain beast, and the world will crumble with his coming. Apollyon comes. Flee before the return of the dead gods.

The newest prophecy regarding the Destroyer of Mankind. I took the liberty of translating 'ouroborus' to 'serpent'. The perks of writing the post.

Θα προχωρήσουμε προς την Ανατολή και την κυριαρχία της γης. Όταν περπατά, η Γη θα καταρρεύσει στα πόδια του. Η Μεγάλη Ουροβόρος πρέπει να σχιστεί από τη σάρκα του ακόμα σκουλήκι του δεν πεθαίνει και η φωτιά του είναι άσβεστη. Αυτός είναι βδέλυγμα για όλη την ανθρωπότητα.

He will move into the East and dominate the land. Where he walks, the Earth shall crumble at his feet. The Great Serpent shall be torn from his flesh yet his worm does not die and his fire is unquenched. He is an abomination to all mankind.

Quote:<dl>
<dt>doulou</dt>
<dd>Oct 28 2013, 09:33 PM</dd>
</dl>
yet his worm does not die
Prophets have midlife crises too.
Come on Jaxen, that has to be one of the best lines out of the Book of Isaiah.
I'd like to know more about the authors of these (and other) prophecies.
The first one is from scratch. The second one was primarily stolen from the Bible. Through out the Old Testament, moving East was a bad idea. Adam and Eve were expelled east of Eden. Lot travelled east to live near Sodom. The only time moving east was good was to leave Egypt. "His worm does not die and his fire is not quenched. He is an abomination to all mankind" is taken from the Book of Isaiah with a little paraphrasing. Most of the prophecies I am working on are of similar origin.
I think she means it'd be badass to get more records from the time of the people writing the prophecies. Context.
Oh, in that case anyone with any ideas shoot me an PM. I only used Atropos because there was an opening for me. I am currently working on 2 more from Revelation regarding Apollyon, and I am kicking around an idea for Loki from Isaiah. I am coming up a little empty on that one though.
So when does Coyote crash the party? lol.

Actually Nick and I have discussed that we'd be great candidates for the two Witnesses from Revelations.
Send me intel Jon. I will make it happen. Just let me know where you want it to go and how much leeway I have with creative license.
Pages: 1 2 3