The First Age

Full Version: The First Age Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey guys!

Our very own Aria has generously offered to build a First Age wiki! It is my hope that the wiki is truly open source, that is anyone will be able to register and create/edit pages. I think it would make a great opportunity to do some world-building, for instance we could go into more detail about the state of affairs around the world or the CCD structure of government, additional history/background on our mythos, prophecies, and monsters. The Atharim could elaborate on their history, etc.

Basically, we can provide an encyclopedic range of information about things our writers discuss, characters encounter, and our imaginations design! Only this would be information that we as writers can access but our characters would not.

Specifically, content would be linked to back and forth from the website/forums. For instance, want to read up about the Egyptian tablet that Doulou's character just discovered? There could be a wiki about it!

So be thinking about pages you want to build. Specifically, what kind of things do you guys want to see on there? How do you want to use the wiki?

Thanks again, Aria!

<big>UPDATE</big>

Due to increasing security in the effort of preventing spammers on the wiki, if you wish to create an account and contribute, send an email to
matalina@gmail.com
with your desired username and she will set you up a temporary password that you will change after the fact.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited by Ascendancy, Feb 20 2014, 08:26 PM.
Well, we could have a dollhouse of NPCs for one. That'd be useful to tie in stories in individual threads. And of course detailed and updated biographical information on characters, hopefully with links to different threads. I want to know the exact thread where Nicholas Trano bitch slaps Nikolai Brandon, for instance.*

<small>*This will occur in the near future.</small>
NPC's/PPCs would be great. And I really like the idea of characters updating pages about themselves.

Aria, is it possible to embed a wiki into my main website under thefirstage.org domain? At the moment I a limit on how many pages I can build, but i'd think about upgrading to unlimited pages if there was a way to integrate it. I'll check into the possibilities of it from the squarespace point of view meanwhile.
I don't know about integration. But you should be able to at least at a link to it. Embedding it would probably be difficult, only real way is to use an iframe at this time and that's tricky to do because each page is varying heights. And would have two scroll bars that would be really annoying.

I think the best bet is to create one page that is a set of links to the wiki 'landing' pages.
I'd like to see the content that came out of the Of gods and men thread go on there. So everyone can read all about Loki at their leisure without thumbing through pages and pages of posts. *grin.
These pages could be extremely important to our findings.
Pages which could be included are:

Atharim prophecies
The End Times prophecies
The Voynich document
The Egyptian tablet
Apollyon / Abaddon
Previous Reguses
Atharim lore and legend
Vatican Historical Society
Initiation ceremony
The Pope
Papal relationship

etc.
Can I have a page called "Rune's hair" ???? ^____^
I say yes to Rune's hair. And no to anything that Nick wants. Unless it's a page about him getting stomped.
"Plans for the murder of Yuri Obrechennyy" comes to mind as a valuable potential page.
I joined. Unfortunately, now I don't have a clue on how to navigate the site. Can we say 'computer-stupid'?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5