This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

They Found Me
Connor felt sick in the pit of his stomach, enough that he tasted bile. And just like that, the universe had decieed to fuck them over. Things had been good. Life had been good. The future held promise.

And now....now in a single moment, everthing had changed. He was numb as he looked at the pictures, listened to her explanation. It wasn't fair. 

It wasn't fucking fair. Part of him- the part that had freed those kids, that had killed that man- that part wanted to go after them- whoever "them" was- and kill them all. For daring to do this, for upending their life.

He stared at the picture of the target. It took a moment. Nox. He remembered the kid. Seemed a good guy. Just a few years older than Hayden. His wife was being threatened with....whatever. Death. Jail. Disappearing. And the only way out was to kill some kid. 

He was angry at the whole situation. Duh. Talk about understatement. Their whole life just blown up. He stood and went to the door, wanted to go sit in the room that was going to be for the baby.

But he stopped. Ayden. It wasn't her fault. He couldn't let her feel alone, like he was leaving her. He turned, looked at her. She hadn't started to show yet. But she carried their child. 

It wasn't like she was happy with this. Running away doesn't solve anything. He went back to the bed and moved the papers aside. "Who wants...." No. Wrong question. For now anyway. There had to ve a way out of this. 

The cold rage he felt was alive and well. Somehow, someway, they would pay for this. The bastards would pay. He liked Nox well enough. But this wasn't about saving him, however much it might be deserved. No, his concern was Ayden and their family. This was about his family, his circle. There were two people in it. 

But what to do? For now, "What do we need to do? Who are these people? What are our options?" Enemy of my enemy. These people were his enemy.

There had to be a way. Some way to get them free once and for all. Even if he countenanced killing Nox, he wasn't stupid. There'd be another mission. People like this didn't just go away after you did the job.

Messages In This Thread
They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-29-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-30-2024, 10:03 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-01-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-02-2024, 10:44 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-05-2024, 03:52 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-05-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-25-2024, 09:22 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-26-2024, 06:53 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-28-2024, 03:24 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-28-2024, 11:04 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2024, 04:43 AM