This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

They Found Me
Connor didn't say anything for a while. Her words, the situation, everything, tumbled over in his mind. Chaos. His wife was a hard woman. She had to be to be good.at what at she did. Anf she was used to taking orders. He had long ago come to terms with that. Soldiers- especially those in special forces- did not have the luxury of a conscience or of questioning orders.

But Connor had never been military. He knew that just because someone was in a position of authority, they didn't suddenly made good decisions. Or even right ones. He'd seen far too many morons get into power in his lifetime.

He watched the video. It was clear Nox was behind it. And it was bad. Still..."Traitor....to what? To whom? You aren't Atharim." He shoved away the flash of anger came up everytime he thought of them. That Hayden had been spared being murdered did not lessen their evil. Aria had been a friend, of sorts. She had been there for him when he was at his lowest. 

But Atharim like her seemed few and far between. He paid attention to the news enough to know they had been exposed. Good, he'd thought. "The Atharim are not our friends. If Nox has betrayed them, so be it."

He looked at the papers again. They were in their home. And obviously their cover had been blown. He took her hand, turned to look at her. "Honestly, Ayden. The people that concern me are the ones who are forcing you to do this. They won't let you go when this is done- if you even can kill him. They will ask for more."

And he couldn't help the pain that washed over his face. His wife and unborn child were at risk. The fear of loss threatened to overwhelm him, but he choked it down. "Maybe...we see what happens. Go along with it for now. Find out who is behind it and why." Maybe Nox helps us, he didn't say. It was a stupid hope.

But he couldn't shake it.

Messages In This Thread
They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-29-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-30-2024, 10:03 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-01-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-02-2024, 10:44 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-05-2024, 03:52 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-05-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-25-2024, 09:22 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-26-2024, 06:53 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-28-2024, 03:24 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-28-2024, 11:04 AM