This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sight Seeing [The Sanctuary of the Ascendant Flame]
“Well then, welcome to Moscow.” Cali leaned against the other woman like she’d known her all her life, as arm in arm they viewed the bronze statue cast in the Ascendancy’s image. A smile plumped her ruddy cheeks, and the blonde hair pinned and braided atop her head caught the light like a cotton cloud. It was a nice moment to share with someone. People reacted in different ways to the Brotherhood, and not all of them were nice. An open mind was always valued.

“We believe the Ascendancy was sent to guide us through these dark times,” she said. Plaques and statues commemorating his modern-day miracles were prevalent across the grounds. They had passed many of them on their route, and would pass more returning to the Grand Concourse. With a gentle tug, Cali navigated them back through the plaza and into the Hall of Stars at the base of the old monument. As promised, the grandeur was enough to steal breath and elevate the soul. Celestial imagery was projected up upon the domed ceiling, and the walls were covered in intricate murals depicting the Ascendancy’s miracles and the Luminar’s vision. The volunteers on the door, with Embers stitched on their shirts, acknowledged but did not stop their entrance.

“The Ascendancy, and those touched by his gifts, will help guide us to a better world.” She gave a brief squeeze of Mia’s arm, conveying her own enthusiastic belief in what she spoke, as they wandered the edges and Mia had the chance to look at all the hall offered. “I knew the first time I came in here that I wanted to be a part of it.” Cali smiled with genuine warmth, and glanced to see what the other woman made of it all. “The world is reawakening, I think. It’s an exciting time to live.”

She paused, then, on what Mia had said about a foggy memory. It might just be that she was being evasive, and if that was the case then Cali didn’t judge her reasons. Even so, she added: “The Veilwardens offer blessings, and there are some things they can even heal. Perhaps you were brought here to experience a divine miracle of your own, Mia.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sight Seeing [The Sanctuary of the Ascendant Flame] - by Calliope - 6 hours ago