This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Launch Party ((Radiance))
Lasher trailed along Aiden Finnegan’s heels as the pair bound down the central staircase of their mansion. The work was very near to completion – only the interior decorator remained, and she was readying herself to move on within the week. The builders had done fine work; one might even believe that Aiden’s father, Seamus, had built the thing. Aiden had been proud of that. The locals in Suzdal had certainly approved if their gawking and picture-snapping was to be any indication.

Aiden was more or less happy. Sage had settled in nicely, Jaxen was more or less out of their hair after that unfortunate red-carpet encounter, there was no trouble from the Atharim, and there was serious talk about a Blarney Stoned reunion concert next year. Aiden was surprised to be happy about the last point, but Siobhan’s enthusiasm had always been infectious. That wasn’t even considering the Spear of Lugh. Aiden had finally accepted the fact that it might take him a lifetime to uncover its secrets. The idea had eased his impatience – that and the fact that the Spear almost seemed to be binding itself to him. Sparring with the thing had begun with a clumsy attempt, but this morning’s practice would have made an idle passerby think that Aiden had been practicing with the thing for years. It had to be Lugh’s influence.

It had been all work for Aiden, if not for Sage. He had insisted that they have a date night and attend a launch party. Aiden wasn’t entirely sure what it was for or who was launching what, but Sage had a way about him. Aiden would all but hand the Spear over if Sage had asked for it. Odd how the human heart could do that to an individual. It seemed like only yesterday that Aiden had felt love’s keen sting over Kyle Rice’s utter betrayal and now here he was falling head over heels for a humble hacker.

Aiden stepped onto the landing, feeling every inch the God that he was. A splash of raw rubies across the length of his shoulders made faceted fragments of light dance across the foyer’s walls, his bespoke crimson suit tailored perfectly to flatter his frame. There was no shirt underneath the coat, as had become his custom, but in its place was a polished leather harness that seemed to make his chest larger than it actually was. He turned his head to Sage and smirked devilishly.

Sage was certainly not as flashy, but the clothing he chose always flattered him – whether he knew it or not. Aiden had the sudden urge to pick the man up and carry him into the library to ravish him before the fireplace. There would be time enough for that after.

“You beat me again,” Aiden laughed as he took in the full frame of his boyfriend, “I’m beginning to think you should start setting alarms for me.”

Cooper was behind the wheel of the limo, as usual, as they made their way to the party – the partition was up tonight. Aiden swirled some whiskey in the crystal glass he held. Oh, he had started to take a break from the drink, but then the siren song had pulled too hard. Sage was nestled closely beside him. The pair had been enjoying a pleasant conversation before Aiden changed the subject entirely.

“Don’t be mad, but… Who exactly is this launch party for again? I swear I was listening, but between the upcoming book tour and my research with the Spear… there’s no excuse for it. I should know. You told me all about it and I wasn’t… listening like I should have been. That was neglectful. I’m sorry,” Aiden said matter-of-factly as he wrapped his right arm around Sage and pulled him in tight. He had fucked things up royally with Kyle Rice. There were bound to be slip-ups in relationships, but he would not spoil things again. Not with Sage.

Sage was too good.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!

Messages In This Thread
The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Ezvin Marveet - 11-20-2023, 01:01 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 11-20-2023, 05:02 PM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 11-30-2023, 10:45 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-04-2023, 10:54 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-06-2023, 11:03 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-07-2023, 10:42 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-11-2023, 10:58 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-14-2023, 10:24 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Nox - 12-20-2023, 10:26 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-22-2023, 05:23 PM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-23-2023, 05:41 PM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 01-03-2024, 01:29 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 01-06-2024, 12:59 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 01-20-2024, 07:10 PM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 01-20-2024, 11:39 PM
RE: All She Wants To Do Is Dance (Kallisti) - by Aiden Finnegan - 11-30-2023, 03:03 AM