This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Motel Nowhere
The door slammed.

Her teeth grit, nostrils flared in irritation. After a moment she turned, leaned her back against it, and looked up at him through her lashes. He was emotionless despite the sudden use of force, and for a moment the dismissiveness of it sparked in her a torrential fury. The wells of rage ran deep and ancient, crippled a thousand times over with the venom of injustice served upon the creatures fate saw her bound to.

“I know that,” she said bluntly. It came out raw, angry. Ori abruptly straightened from the door and shoved him backwards. Followed with a step. Should he retaliate, it was unlikely she’d defend herself, and nor did she reach for the power. Still, she was blazing.

Nox smirked in return. “That's all you got?”

“You might be better, but I’m the one who’s not afraid to lose, sweetheart.” There was a bare-faced demon in the answer of her own smirk, quelled with a bite of her lip, but she didn’t choose to share how her sense of the ijiraq stirred the moment he used the power to snap the door – he knew what fire they played with. She remembered Nox’s fight with Gio, escalated on nothing more than whim, but he was hardly the same person as back then. Her gaze was a torrent. A dare she knew he would not meet. She wasn’t afraid of him, nor of the horde snarling in his head. He didn’t have the nerve to let go anyway. It was why she was leaving.

“I came here for you,” she said. Her voice was sultry, but sharp as a blade; not a seduction. The attraction was new, and it was a genuine fascination she didn’t hide, but Ori didn’t ever chase. She didn’t get hung up on rejection either, at least not of that sort. Truth was Nox’s heartbreak was too fucking pathetic to make the tease remotely satisfying for its own sake. She didn’t want a doormat to cater to her whim because she asked nicely. She didn’t want kindness and understanding, nor commiseration for the way the world fucked them over. And she certainly didn’t want to fucking talk. “I’m not someone you can hurt. I don’t fall in love. But I do know you. I am the safe fucking place. So fuck your chivalry, Nox. And fuck you.”

[with Nox]
"You say you're a godman. So what? 
I'm the devil herself"
Alpha ~ Little Destroyer
[Image: orianderis.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-23-2023, 12:01 AM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 12-29-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-29-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 12-31-2023, 09:25 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Nox - 12-31-2023, 10:02 PM
RE: Motel Nowhere - by Oriena - 01-05-2024, 07:00 PM