This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Awakening
“Well the bairns certainly step lightly.” She watched as at the incline of Michael’s head the kid was granted permission to flee, however much he shrugged off the title of commander. At that age Morven had been a defiant bundle of independent trouble, refusing authority she did not first have cause to respect. Though given recent circumstance, perhaps not much had changed in that regard.

She appreciated the civility; realised she had been expecting something more confrontational, or at least dubious. Either Michael truly did respect the man he served, enough to take him at his word, or he was just genuinely curious at what landed on his doorstep. She didn’t dwell on which, since the outcome was the same.

“Aye, fish and birds. But I fly well enough already,” she assured. That had been the way Sören had first phrased it – a good many years ago now. What she knew came from instinct and necessity, but she’d been a similar age to the boy Michael dismissed when she first discovered what made her different. A damn sight longer than most of the men here, she’d warrant. On her registration she’d cited her sister’s healing as the moment she sparked, but it was not strictly true. The flows which stitched a man together could also be used to tear him apart. As the Atharim who gave her sister that wound had understood firsthand that same night.

“Custody agents made an offer I couldnae refuse. And you can ask Taicheschski about my talents.” She gave a quick grin, being as he’d already dispensed with the formality. The Dominion had deserved the punch, and since she’d used it to demonstrate said gifts, she felt no guilt. Guy was a royal dick, and Morven wouldn’t brook the nonsense.

“I was an ER doctor before. Had a penchant for miracles, if ye ken my meaning. I work in the Facility now, and the Ascendancy attended one of my healings. So I used the opportunity to tell him he was remiss to have no women around him – especially after what Rikovi told me about the damn creature that used a woman to attack him. None of you would have seen the flows like I can. None of you would have even known she had the potential to go from risk to threat.” By now her arms had folded, though it was the ferocity of allegiance she offered and not an indication of criticism.

Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-03-2024, 02:32 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-05-2024, 06:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-08-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 03:38 AM
RE: Awakening - by Jay Carpenter - 03-09-2024, 12:05 AM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-09-2024, 09:30 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-22-2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Awakening - by Michael Vellas - 03-23-2024, 04:06 AM
RE: Awakening - by Morven - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM