This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

L'Etat, c'est moi
Sitting back at ease, watching the cogs turn in Victoria's head was an amusing way to liven the otherwise dull task of acting the parent to a child who barely knew how to walk.

The dogmatic military woman proceeded as expected of a trained attack dog - an unkind assessment perhaps, but Michael's distaste for the servants who fought and killed for their nation as they were told left him with little sympathy.

To her credit, she was at least determined. Confidence could, of course, be a dangerous thing when dealing with such volatility....

He shrugged the thought off. He would learn if her precise words were more than bluster and arrogance. More unsettling was her question. Dare he tell her too much? Lying was out of the question. She would learn soon enough if he did, and it would merely show weakness. Perhaps the truth would suffice.

"Not as I can see and feel a man using it. The...colours you see, other women will be able to, but I cannot. However, when one knows what to look for, the effects become traceable. I may not be able to see the nets you spin, but I can notice their effects."

Brushing the matter off, Michael arrived at the reason he had met with the woman in the first place. "That you will learn, and more, in time. It is not for you to concern yourself with now. You shall be taken to the Facility - where the Ascendant beings are trained, away from the citizens of the Custody. There you will train until you are competent enough to control your powers so you will not present a danger to society."

He almost smiled. "Untrained, you are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. The path ahead is perilous. Any misstep can end in disaster. I trust you are prepared."

"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-07-2016, 08:18 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-09-2016, 04:48 AM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-09-2016, 07:34 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-12-2016, 10:51 PM
[No subject] - by Victoria Wolff - 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM