This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Time for Change
Jacinda's eyes narrowed, but her grin went lopsided as she chuckled. "Yeah...I guess. It's not like the last time he saw me was one he enjoyed." Nope, not even a little bit. But Ten's words were encouraging nonetheless. Actions mattered.

And strangely, even if Nox never knew how sorry she was, how she had finally rejected the cult-like hold the Atharim- at least the Regan/Regus (odd, that, she thought. So similar in many ways.) Atharim- held over her, well, Ten knew.

And she realized, even that didn't matter. She knew. And that was enough.

Strangely, she felt free. Like a freedom she had never experienced. Her thoughts were her own. There was no...orthodoxy to adhere to. No question to quash. She could know the answer or not. She could believe what she wanted. She could choose to hunt what she chose. Could safeguard and protect those who needed it.

Like Sterling. Her smile transformed into one of warmth and confidence. "I promise, Tenzin. I won't blow anything up. I won't be stupid. But even if it means all my 'brothers and sisters' come for me, I don't care. I don't accept their standard anymore. I am done being a tool. I am done being a hunter."

Her eye flicked down to the inked patterns on Tenzin's arm. Her hand reached out, fingertips lightly tracing the ouroboros amid the whorls. It stood out only because Ten had pointed it out. Her fingers wanted to explore the entire pattern, to learn this woman's story, painfully and painstakingly needled into her skin over hours and days and decades.

She knew. Tattoos were personal, an expression of the inner person on the outer body. A declaration of who you were.

She traced the smake eating its tail lightly, eyes tentatively meeting Tenzin's. Her nostrils flared and the light seemed to...dim and surge at the same time. An oath. She was taking an oath. "I am a Guardian," she said with finality.

Her heart pounded, the feel of the pulse in her fingers against Tenzin's skin. A part of her wondered if it was Tenzin's heartbeat she felt.

Hoped for it, for some reason. She wasn't sure why. Only that this woman's...feelings mattered. She was important, and she stared into those dark mysterious eyes, trying to understand what she was feeling.

And strangely, the scent of pine permeated and she felt as though she were falling.

But her breath was slow and steady- despite the fear of opening up like this- her touch soft and gentle, and she watched for a sign.

Messages In This Thread
Time for Change - by Tenzin - 03-30-2020, 07:12 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 03-31-2020, 02:35 AM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-04-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-04-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-05-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Jacinda - 04-05-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: Time for Change - by Tenzin - 04-09-2020, 12:30 PM