This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Silvānus (Estonia)
He hand-waved the reference to another Other. As Nimeda described ignorance of her waking Other, he assumed the inverse was also the case. She took the hand, though the clench of her grasp was light when Nimeda’s wrenched his arm across space and time practically from the socket. The same, but also different, he realized. He may have thought the same of himself: Philip in the dream, Patricus while awake.

Before he could explain the appropriate reverence people typically showed him, someone in the archway caught his eye. It was the stomp and romp of Fr. Ando, whom apparently deprived of his previous disrespect had adopted a new place to pop a squat.
“Hang on,” Philip told Nimeda, but even as he did, he motioned that she come along with him inside. The doors were flung open to air out the musty smell inside: a stench that either wafted from rotting wood or from the murky smell of its oldest priest.

He found Revane leaning along the inside wall.

“Father Ando, what about our previous conversation did you interpret to be invitation to eavesdrop on the Holy Father?”

The priest righted himself, coughing as though surprised by the interruption. “Oh, yes Holy Father. I am wondering when you will hold Mass. If it is this evening, the mayor and Custody regional director will attend. As you know, we Catholics are few in the area. Attendance will fill the place to the brim if you will –” Philip held up a hand.

“That sounds like a circus,” Philip replied.

Revane barked a short laugh, “You’re quite colorful, Holy Father. When the local politicians are involved, it can be a little like a circus.”

Philip nodded slowly, seeming to process the proposal.
“Father Ando, you misunderstand my purpose here. I am not here to flatter you. Nor am I here to plant new butts in your seats. Your junior priests are unmentored. Your charity is shallow and worryingly beneficial to you personally. You are more concerned with placating politicians than honoring God. To answer your question, I will say the eucharist this evening, but none are invited to attend except the families of those children outside.”

Revane was horrified, and with a gruff, he disappeared into the dreary depths of his study, presumably to call his friends with the bad news.

Philip glanced at the junior priest who bore witness to the exchange. He blushed and looked down when Philip found his gaze. Shortly after, he also departed.

The Custody must be salivating that he was finally encased within their borders. Their hunger would not be satiated this day. He suppressed a smile and re-engaged with the dreamer once more.
“Thalia, would you walk with me? I have already trodden a circular path round and around the garden outside, but at least you know where you’re going.”

An irreverent sort of smile pricked the corners of his mouth. “Most address me Holy Father, but I also accept Your Holiness if you’re feeling particularly cheeky.”  
[Image: hiclipart.com_-e1597513863757.png]
Man is like God: he never changes. 

Messages In This Thread
Silvānus (Estonia) - by Patricus I - 05-08-2020, 11:20 PM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Thalia - 05-09-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Patricus I - 05-10-2020, 12:03 AM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Thalia - 05-10-2020, 01:41 AM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Patricus I - 05-10-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Thalia - 05-10-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Patricus I - 05-10-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Thalia - 05-10-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Silvānus (Estonia) - by Patricus I - 05-11-2020, 07:38 PM