This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nicholas Trano
Just like the movies.
The two agents sat straight-backed and on the edge of their seats as Nicholas entered the room. They looked like they had just enough personality between them for a background character on a Saturday morning cartoon. Another quick glance and he noticed that Alejandra had already seen to their needs. Let's just hope she brought my whisky.

The sitting room wasn't massive--he didn't normally have large groups over his home--but there was a cluster of comfortable chairs in the corner which he was glad they had chosen. In spite of the thick padding, the two of them managed to look like they were sitting on wooden stools. She'd almost be pretty if she didn't look so damn serious.

He hadn't taken more than five steps into the room before one of them--the man, Abrams--stood to introduce themselves. After that was done with and Nicholas had reached the cluster of chairs the ice queen--Reed--deigned stand long enough to shake hands alongside her partner before sitting down to quietly watch. A moment later the men sat as well, and Nicholas was happy to note a full glass on the table next to his chair.

With formalities taken care of, Agent Abrams got straight to business. "I apologize for the unexpected visit, but we understand you were contacted by the CCD. Invited to the Kremlin?" The slight Russian accent didn't set off any alarm bells, although maybe it should have. "As part of the press corps, you provide an unique opportunity."

Well this wasn't what I was expecting.
Abrams continued, "You have a chance to serve your country Mister Trano, and we're here to help you do it." So they wanted him accept the invitation he'd already declined. I said no for damn good reason.
He was far more useful stateside than he was parroting CCD talking points in Moscow. Points for appealing to nationalism, though.

"I'd be glad to serve my country, Agent Abrams,"
He took a sip of whisky, "But I already declined that invitation. I'm more valuable here than fifty of me could be over there."
It was true, there was no point in sending him over to spy for them on a journalism visa. It wasn't like he was getting particularly special access.

But it wasn't going to be that easy to convince the U.S. government to have some sense. Abrams pressed forward. "Don't worry about the invitation," It was a weak excuse, "And with all due respect, you can blog from anywhere." Not untrue. "Over there, you'd be our man inside the Kremlin." I can't believe I'm actually considering this.

But still, he was doing a lot more than they wanted to admit. "You think that I've been spending my time blogging?"
He took another sip. "I've been working sixty hour weeks sending money to Ohio. Not counting my blogging."
It was bullshit. "I just don't see how you expect me to get information some anonymous agent can't."

They ignored his outburst. "One of us is the invited guest. The other of us," he gestured at himself and Agent Reed, "will be the anonymous agent on your team. You must understand Mister Trano, it is an extremely difficult task without a man on the inside. You'd be that man." So they wanted him for a decoy. As much as he hated to admit it, it made sense. I'm going to end up saying yes, aren't I?
He took another sip from his glass, although it suspiciously resembled a gulp.

"So... I'm going to spend a couple weeks--because let's be honest, I'm going to end up agreeing--in Russia,"
he really hated that triumphant look in Abrams' eyes, "and hope they don't throw me into a gulag."
All he had left to deal with was the PR nightmare. "Alright then, now that that's all settled I have two questions."
He gestured a thumb towards Agent Reed, "Why don't you talk? And, when do I leave?"

Edited by Nick Trano, Aug 22 2013, 09:23 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 07-26-2013, 05:25 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-08-2013, 08:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-10-2013, 04:50 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-19-2013, 05:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-20-2013, 05:37 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-20-2013, 06:27 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-20-2013, 06:45 PM