This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The gift & the pledge
She sat with the cup of tea Nythadri prepared, then gestured for the child to partake of anything she liked. Nythadri's reaction to the mention of Arad Doman did not go overlooked, but all Lythia did meanwhile was to pluck a palm of nuts and randomly pop one into her mouth as they chatted. If she knew anything else about Arad Doman, she was not yet ready to bring it up, but given the robust reputation which associated this particular Green with the Black Tower, Lythia likely knew a great deal about the parties involved. She inquired briefly over Nythadri's health and studies, but the chat was plainly cursory. Until she came around to the far more obvious.

"I'm not sure about Fate's intentions. Sitters can be rather difficult to predict, after all, but her machinations are probably akin to mine. Although she'd never tell you. I will be forthcoming, Nythadri. If the Dragon were not reborn, and the world not spiraling toward chaos, you would be guided as we all have been. But the Dragon is consolidating the world under his banner and the Dark One means to reshape the Pattern into his image, the Creator shelter us all. There isn't time. You are aware certainly, you have a wiser head on your shoulders than some Aes Sedai will admit in a child. There isn't time for subtleties of training to guide you along your path at your pace. You are worth the time to foster, and believe me, when the Last Battle does come, you will want to be there as a Sister and not an Accepted."
A hint perhaps of the intentions behind one faction of the Tower concerning Accepted. They will be there, most certainly. Alongside the novices. Every woman who can touch the Source should be rounded up.

As dark and ominious a turn their conversation took, Lythia was oddly cheerful. Quick little smiles lightened the mood a she carried on to the next topic at hand. The former being only a preface to what she was leading into. To set the mood, somewhat, but they ate and drank calmly, the tied window treatments streamed in sunlight, and there was no haste to their conversation. Simply two women conversing over the fact. It just so happened some people may not be able to face so dire of facts, but women of the Green Ajah were not just anyone. "I have always been fond of posing this question to Accepted. Probably because it was posed to me, and later regretted my hasty answers. If you had one word to describe each of the Ajahs. One word that summarized everything that ajah embodied and represented in our servitude to the world, what would you choose. Take your time and think about it."
She leaned back, seemingly absorbed in the process of sipping her tea, but the light in her eyes never left. She was sincerely interested in Nythadri's point of view.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 11-02-2017, 04:49 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 11-02-2017, 04:57 AM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 11-02-2017, 05:19 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-02-2017, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 11-03-2017, 01:51 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-06-2017, 10:30 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 11-17-2017, 07:47 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-18-2017, 05:00 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 01-01-2018, 01:51 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 01-02-2018, 03:23 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 01-10-2018, 12:03 PM