This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stranger than fiction
When Jon finally explained what he'd done, Jensen's heart sank heavy with conviction; having learned Jon had purposefully misled Ömer on Jensen's behalf.

The former-preacher shook his head sadly. This kind of relationship was not going to work for them. On one hand, he understood the logic behind Jon's defense, but on the other, he couldn't, in good conscience, allow him to use it. The decision already firmed in his mind by the time Jon locked eyes with him. The lawyer's directions were confident enough to make anyone consider it, but the longer Jensen watched the man across the table, Jon's face faded into that of another soul yet to face judgement for his deeds. Whether or not the man knew their Father, Jensen could not attest, but when that Day of Judgement came, falsehoods on behalf of Jensen James was not going to be among the listed sins. He'd already wounded so many people with selfish sins. Jon shouldn't be one of them.

"I understand your reasons for discretion, Jon."
He shifted in his seat, but not from nerves, only from having stayed in one place for so long. As he did, a sting of cold burst fresh from the metal chair. He contained the grimace and focused on not moving his feet likewise. He still hadn't found anyone with an extra pair of socks on hand.

"If Ömer was as you say he was, then I will have to deal with the consequences. You know the early church was in constant danger, but held to faith in the face of terrible persecution. At the call for Peter's crucifixition, he had the chance to flee the city, but turned back to bear similar horrors as Jesus himself had. When James the brother of John was brought to the place of his death, his accuser, having witnessed James' extraordinary courage and undauntedness, himself begged forgiveness, and resolved that James should not be martyred alone. They were both beheaded at the same time.

"Stephen, Paul, Mark, Bartholomew, Jude. So many did not deny their faith in the face of death and persecution.

"And of course, Jesus himself, could have saved himself from crucifixion and torture had he but only denied that he was the King of Kings. But the Son of God was born for that purpose alone, to die sinless, and bear the burden of our sins on our behalf."

The list of martyrs was lengthy, and continued to this day. A horrible death was something Jensen was none to keen on pursuing for his own end, but at least for now, sitting in this quiet room in some precinct in Moscow, his faith was firm. If ever he was faced with the sort of scene suggested by Jon, he hoped his resolution would hold. With the war that was coming, he feared all too much that such ends were waiting for many undeserving innocents.

Used to lengthy speeches, Jensen easily gathered his breath and paused to determine if Jon was at the point that Jensen should continue the witness or transition to the rest of his point.

Jessika must trust Jon to have called upon him, and Jon must be a good man to have rallied to her aid, but Jensen had to be clear. "I hope you will represent me, Jon, but I ask that we adhere to the truth. The Lord does not differentiate from outright breaking of one of the Ten Commandments from misdirection or omission, I would prefer to face these earthly extraordinary consequences you speak of than the disappointment of our Father in heaven."
He shook his head grimly.

"I've already failed so much, and wounded so many people. This is the least I can do."

He looked to the door, assuming Jon knew the details of his past. That he hadn't brought it up so far was appreciated, but Jensen was coming to understand he couldn't hide forever. "I believe you can do it, Jon, but if you won't take the case, I will understand."
A quiet smile of acceptance chased away Jensen's fear - for now.

Either way, he waited for Jon's decree.

Edited by Jensen James, Dec 4 2013, 08:10 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-24-2013, 04:26 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-29-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-30-2013, 08:15 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-30-2013, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-03-2013, 02:28 AM