This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow
The majestic woman was all regal air, sweeping into the room like she owned the building. Normally Rowan didn’t care much for others presuming too much, but there was something about this Valeriya. She had her own title too, of course, one Rowan had never heard of in her life. Perhaps the dark lady would divulge some more information if probed properly… Rowan had assumed the same of her other guests, but they didn’t say much besides warnings against the Atharim, and the same old warnings to boot. Nothing interesting at all… But this Valeriya… She had a story to tell, Rowan could feel it.

With a quick call on her intercom, Rowan called for another cart of food and drink to be sent up. Although she didn’t need to, there was an urge to show off a little for the new guests, particularly Valeriya. With a few quick, writhing steps and a couple swings of her arms, Rowan chanted out a call to Papa Legba in the Creole tongue. Strands of Air sprung up and wrapped around a few plates from the cart in the room.

Crawfish etouffee, chicken gumbo with rice, King Cake with its glittering sprinkles and custard, a large cup of chickory coffee, a bloody mary stacked with garnishes, and a few other delectable treats floated on over and settled down onto the table in front of Valeriya. Rowan clapped her hands before settling down onto the couch across from the woman.

“Enjoy, my lady, please, if there’s anything else… Ah, yes… My land? I hail from New Orleans, a large, haunted city in the United States; you must simply visit if you ever have the chance. Witchcraft, ghosts, swamps and ancient trees, delightful food, and countless people from all over the world can be found there. My café, in which you are sitting, was designed to look and feel like God himself plucked it up from the city and placed it here. Russia is lovely, but I think it could use a little American flavor. I’m trying to bring Voodoo to Russia as well, have you heard of it? We worship the ancestors that came before us. They crave to experience the flesh once more, sampling earthly delights. Of course, as a High Priestess of the religion, it is my duty to see that they get those offerings, and in return, they have gifted me with the magic you see before you… Others have been touched by the Ancestors, although I doubt they realize it,” Rowan gushed. She gave a glance over to Mik at that last bit, offering a wink and a smile. Oh, he could Channel, but did he realize how much more he could do if he recognized the spirits of the Voodoo pantheon?

The older man declined to give a name and had also forsaken a chair, instead taking up a space behind Valeriya. Perhaps he was a bodyguard of sorts? A certain amount of mockery had laced his voice as he asked a particularly private question…

Mik answered easily enough. Rowan sighed and threw her hands up, gazing upon the other gentleman.

“Once. I have killed once. It happened a few years ago and I can guarantee you that I did not know what I was doing… You see, I lost my husband quite suddenly… And my unborn child. We had been in an accident… Upon learning of their deaths, I lost control of myself. To this day, I am still not sure what happened. The only thing I know is that I screamed and screamed, until there was nothing left inside of me… When finally my voice grew hoarse, I discovered that everyone around me had dropped dead. I cannot say the number. It was a tragic accident and I have devoted every waking moment of my life to see that it does not happen again. Indeed, it is my hope that I may aid in making this world a better place. My actions cannot be erased and those lives cannot be recovered, but perhaps I can help those that still walk this plane. I do not know how yet, but I am constantly looking for ways that I might do so. This café was only the first step for me. Everyone is welcome here, anyone may come upon me and ask a favor, a blessing, a spell, and I will see to it that it is done. There is so much suffering in the world… The spirits have given me these gifts for a reason; I can only assume that it is to help raise the human race up, aid in making this civilization better for all…”

Tobias abruptly rose from his seat, stammering for air. Rowan rolled her eyes and called out to him.

“The balcony is the other way, Tobias. Although if it is getting too stuffy in here, you might want to try the Gentlemen’s Parlor downstairs… The company might be more to your liking in the basement.”

"The power Voodoo. Hoodoo? You do! Do what!?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-11-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Lih - 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: The Voodoo Queen of Greater Moscow - by Rowan Finnegan - 11-07-2018, 12:54 AM