This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

John Carlyle
John Carlyle was born in the year 2007, to a family of diminishing power. He is a descendent of the powerful Carlyle family, which established themselves during the Gilded Age. His father, through a series of bad investments lost a large majority of the family money, and most of the family’s real estate was sold in order to compensate for massive debt. During the destruction of New York, his parents were killed in the tsunami as they were sailing in the family’s only remaining yacht. During this time, he was at the Philips Exeter Academy in Andover, MA, and escaped the flood.

All the family’s real estate in Greenwich Connecticut, and New York City was destroyed, and he was left with a trust fund containing less than 10 million dollars, a far shot from his family’s original net worth of over 1.5 billion dollars. After graduating high school he went to Purdue on a full scholarship. While at Purdue, he founded an aeronautics company that made more efficient turbines to be used in jet engines. During this time, he became the president of the local Theta Tau chapter. In his junior year he met Nick Trano during an expo at which his small company was present. He graduated at the top of his class.

After college he went immediately to his Ph.D studies. The day-to-day functions of his company were delegated to his girlfriend while he continued his studies. After he got his Ph.D, he married his longtime girlfriend, and they became John and Tracy Carlyle. Upon returning to the company, he embarked on a massive venture to expand the size and influence of the company. Within 7 years, the Carlyle group was one of the most innovative and high-tech companies in the world. They were a diversified holdings group, with hands in industries ranging from weapons, energies, computer, mobile communications, space, and investment management. During this time, Carlyle bought out Microsoft, Pratt and Whitney. Their weapons development program merged with Raytheon, and for all intents and purposes, Raytheon was annexed into the Carlyle Group. By 2038, the Carlyle group was the largest multinational conglomerate, employing more than 800,000 people within the United States. The median income of a Carlyle employee is 24% above the median income workers in similar companies. During this time, the Carlyle group helped finance and equip the minutemen. Money and equipment was funneled to the minutemen, helping the minutemen’s initiatives win combat situations and Laos and Thailand. At age 32, he once again passed on the day to day running of the company to Tracy, while he became a U.S. Senator, and the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee.

In the six years between ’39 and ’45, he drastically strengthened industrial and trade ties with Argentina, Brazil, and Australia. Through the Carlyle group, he is creating a mutually beneficial relationship with South America, ushering in job growth, industrial growth, and economic growth. His policies at this time, as a leading figure of the political opposition, contradicted those enacted by President Frederick Dawson. Given his considerable influence, he is able to converse with foreign governments with an unprecedented level of authority. He may not be the Secretary of State, but at this point he speaks for a large percentage of the population.
Edited by John Carlyle, Feb 1 2014, 08:23 PM.
As he paced around the room, Carlyle became more and more agitated. How could these idiotic democrats possibly even take this into consideration? Us? Join the CCD?
He sat back down at the head of the table, cleared his throat, and began to put the fools back in their place. “Gentlemen. What you have just suggested may quite well be the most idiotic and self-destructive thing I have heard in my life.”

Senator Moore, a 50 year old overweight man replied with a look of contempt and arrogance on his face. “Listen to me. What you call self-destructive is in fact the greatest act of self-preservation ever put before congress. I don’t need to run through the numbers again. You know them as well as I do. America today is a but a shadow of it’s former self. All this annexation will do is help rebuild America. Freedom doesn’t keep the lights on at night.”

Carlyle leaned back haughtily in his chair with a slight smile and replied, “You’re right. The Carlyle Group keeps the lights on at night.”

Senator Moore frowned and said, “Are you admitting to being a corporatist and a sellout? The CCD offers us equality for all! We get security! We get a better economy! We get a chance to survive!”

Carlyle replied “If we were to join the CCD, my position in America would guarantee that I would be the patron of this new dominance within a week. I could do whatever I wanted, imprison you permanently, and ‘employ’, for no pay, another 2 million people do build my products. As far as I’m concerned, joining the dominance would be the most profitable maneuver of my life! But the fact of the matter is, I love America. I love what America stands for, and I will never give up on her. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Senator Moore, I have dinner plans with my wife during which we will happily watch your initiative fail.”

Carlyle stood up. Moore fell silent. Defeated. Bastard preferred to preserve his political prospects rather than fight for America.
Edited by John Carlyle, Feb 1 2014, 08:26 PM.
As he stepped out of the CJ-22 armored vehicle (Carlyle-Jeep, model 22), he accepted a glass of ice-cold champagne from the waiting soldier. With his left hand he smoothed out his suit, and by God, what a suit is was. Carlyle was a man of fine taste, and it showed. Perfectly tailored and perfectly ironed, the precision of his Armani suit had a pleasant contrast with the partially unbuttoned maroon Dolce and Gabbana shirt he wore underneath. After inspecting and perfecting his appearance for a few seconds, he made his way to the gathered crowd of Military officials and analysts. Today was a big day. The Excalibur AM-110k was being demonstrated to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Carlyle was here to make an impact. Has he approached the small crowd, he shook a few hands, made some small talk. Once introductions had been made, he cleared his throat and began to speak.

“Gentlemen. You are all gathered here today to witness the next generation. 30 years ahead of time. What you are about to see is a demonstration of the Excalibur missile – a weapon which will revolutionize the way you wage war. The principle is quite simple. Point, shoot, and watch. We created the Excalibur to be compatible with the most used launcher, the CML-23G. Given that its guidance and computer systems are completely autonomous, so no modification is needed to the launcher, GPS, and radar units. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. They also say our eyes see at 60 frames per second. This means the following. My demonstration is four minutes long. In that time you will have seen 240 picture. This means my demonstration is worth 240,000 words. Sadly, I’ll have to increase that by a little bit to say the following. The Excalibur is a smart piece of tech. So smart in fact, that if you swapped out the warheads with pens, it’d write something that’d blow Plato out of the water. Upon leaving the launcher, the rocket travels to an altitude of 40,000 feet. There it splits up into 20 autonomous guided rockets. These are independently targeted and come down in the most efficient manner possible to maximize damage. In this case, you can hide, but you can’t run. Helicopters, tanks, infantry, pickup trucks, you name it. That being said, I’d like to draw your attention to the nearby launcher. Gentlemen, enjoy the ride.”

Carlyle finished his champagne and lit up an American Spirits cigarette. A second later a missile burst out from the launcher, and soared into the sky. At 40,000 feet, the body split open, freeing the projectiles. In a matter of two seconds, they targeted the broken and decrepit cars, choppers, and paper cutouts being used as targets. Calculating the ideal strike patter, the bombs rocketed down, and destroyed each of the targets, hitting them with such accuracy that the miss rate was less than 2 inches. 2 inches over 25 miles, that is, Carlyle thought. Impressive.

As the distant sound wave finally hit them, the Generals and analysts began clapping. Carlyle raised his hands and beckoned to the nearby crates. They hissed open, and small bars began automatically deploying.

“Now,” Carlyle said, taking a sip from his Long Island Iced Tea, “Let’s sign some contracts.”

Edited by John Carlyle, Feb 1 2014, 08:29 PM.