This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

They Found Me
Connor sat down with her with the envelope in his hand. He asked about it. It was always going to be dangerous, but she didn't have the answer. "I haven't looked yet. I figured we'd look together and decide together if this is something we can live with."

She took the envelope from his hands and opened the flap. "Together we will decide."

There was a set of papers paper-clipped together. So far a typical assignment. The top was a black and white picture, grainy from the looks of what she could see as she pulled it out. It looked like a still capture from a security camera if she could guess blown up to get a better visual which is why it was grainy -- blown up beyond recognition probably. But as she pulled it out her jaw dropped. The face presented before her she knew. Her stomach twisted at the recognition. She didn't look to Connor. This was far more dangerous than anything she could ever have hoped to do. She yanked the pictures from the rest of the paper and tossed the pictures at Connor while she looked at official US government papers. Orders directly from those who ran this government. Or at least really great fakes. Ayden wasn't sure which.

She read through the paperwork and her blood began to boil. The fucking kid was Atharim and an assassin. He claimed to be different yet this proved he was not. Ayden growled. "Apparently he's killing people like me who side with the Free America movement. Or rather anti-CCD supporters." She tossed the papers on the bed and got up. "He's killing people."

The papers slide revealing much more than the letter Ayden had read -- the orders. She hadn't cared much beyond knowing who it was she was tasked to kill. The why didn't matter. But there was more to the paperwork that slide across the bed. Autopsy reports of three men all with ties to the Free America movement. All dead with heart issues despite not having a history of them. The grainy picture was of Nox Durante fighting on a train car with a man. Not of one of the three, but this man was dead now on the same train as one of the dead three. He was their number one suspect, but they had no proof. The man died of natural causes. All of them did, yet the autopsy reports were inconclusive.

At the bottom of the envelope there was a thumb drive. The contents would reveal viral videos of Nox fighting in the Almaz, in particular one new one of him slicing the head off of a rabid gorilla. A sticker on the thumb drive read "Armed and Dangerous."

Other pictures of Nox were beneath the other one. Images really that could be of anyone. Notes on the backs of the photos gave the locations of near where all three men had died, but the images were unclear, like there was some sort of interference in the cameras.

Messages In This Thread
They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-29-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 07-30-2024, 10:03 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-01-2024, 04:02 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-02-2024, 10:44 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-05-2024, 03:52 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-05-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-25-2024, 09:22 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-26-2024, 06:53 PM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 08-28-2024, 03:24 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Ayden - 08-28-2024, 11:04 AM
RE: They Found Me - by Connor Kent - 09-03-2024, 04:43 AM