This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Totally Family [Three Trinities Haven Church]
The laughing skull was driving him nuts. He'd gone to the Carnival several times over the past month to visit the tent that gave him such a fright. That fear was never the same. And the girls were never with him during them. He wondered if there was more to them than he could have imagined. But they showed up. The skull showed up. His grades were dropping. His parents -- all three of them -- were starting to intervene. His grandfather had even flow in from Madrid to check on him. Though he never even said hi to Cruz, just went around his back to his parents.

Drinking was doing little to help with whatever feeling he was chasing. And he didn't know what had put him on the hook to chase his fears. But he needed to get his head on straight. He saught the first time he'd seen the skull. It wasn't at the church, but it was where he'd brought the skull. Maybe Ezekeil would know what he was chasing -- or why.

Cruz didn't dress down anymore than he had the first time. He didn't own anything other than name brands. But he wore jeans and an old pair of tennis shoes. His shirt and jacket were his roommates. Those at last fit if they were a bit too big for him. It was the best he could do. Last thing he wanted was a pissing contest again.

The church was just as full as it had been the last time, if not fuller because of the cold weather outside. The nights on the street must be horrible. It was something he never wanted to experience himself. He pulled the door closed behind him and as he was stepping into the hall, a girl ran into him. "Excuse you." she said running past.

She didn't look like she was running with a purpose. She was just darting around the place looking in places and then moving on. She ran past him again and he stopped her. "Can you help me?"

She looked up at him with a frown. "I suppose. What do you need? I'm on the clock."

He laughed softly to himself. I'm looking or Ezekeil."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Totally Family [Three Trinities Haven Church] - by Cruz - 08-09-2024, 10:23 PM