This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Grand Reopening [Baccarrat Mansion]
“Hn,” she said. “Arson implies you have enemies.”

He did not immediately call an end to the conversation, which she presumed to be a good thing. Helena no longer bothered with the mask of nicety and now simply watched him with interest. He could have brushed her off – rumours abounded in Moscow, from conspiracist to the downright absurd, and most meant nothing. Given her suspicions she was aware that she should be cautious, but she was also aware that her name offered her some protection. Even cut off from her family, the disappearance of an Asquith would cause a fuss she imagined was better avoided. Though more than that single assurance, Helena was also confident that should her instinct here reveal something useful to her, she had something useful to offer in turn.

“What she said is irrelevant. I am confident we are talking about a supernatural occurrence, and it seems unusual to me that Baccarat would be targeted.” She gestured to the crystal exhibits and watched for his reaction. “Let me be frank, Mr Lagueux. I believe we may have goals in common. Our world is changing, and I would have a part in.”

Messages In This Thread
Grand Reopening [Baccarrat Mansion] - by Borovsky - 08-23-2024, 01:08 PM
RE: Grand Reopening [Baccarrat Mansion] - by Helena - 10-03-2024, 03:27 PM