This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Morning After [House Party cont]
Ashton didn't sleep. Everyone was piled into one room. It wasn't about safety in numbers, well it was, they were all in a strange place, in a strange part of the city, in a strange man's house. They felt safer together. At least that's how all the foster kids felt. Victoria and the Blackthorn girls weren't so inclined to stay together, but Sera, Gen and Arabella were all cuddled up in the pile with the rest of them while Vic tossed and turned on the bed. No one bothered her. Everyone tried to sleep as far from the dead bodies as they could. They hadn't dared move to another room. What were they going to do when Nox found out? He had been adamant about saving them and now they were both dead lying on the floor in a pool of Ava's blood.

Olivia paced back and forth across the floor cooing and cuddling with the tiny baby girl who she could not console for the life of her. Ashton had tried, even his voice had not helped stave off whatever the baby wanted.

Vic sat upright. "Shut that thing up!"

Olivia curtsied and shank back into a corner. "I'm trying."

Ashton spoke softly to Victoria. "Just go back to sleep Vic, we'll figure it all out in the morning." She glared at his sing song voice but she laid back down. "It'll be alright in the morning, I promise." Ashton continued to sing song and then just hummed a soft little diddy to ease Vic back to sleep. The others had gone down much the same, but the baby's cries didn't wake them from their exhaustion. It had been a harrowing day for all of them.

Olivia smirked at him and he smiled at her. "She's gonna hate you for that."

Ashton nodded. "She always does."

"We can't stay here Ash." Liv said with a frown.

"Where do you want to go? We can't stay with Vic. She'll send them all back to foster care. And she doesn't care for her nieces."

"He'll kill us. We are accessories to his kidnapping and his attempted murder."

Ashton nodded. "But why save us at all then? No, he's a savior complex. I mean he asked for my help even if I lured him in. He trusted me. I'm going to trust hiom."

"But we don't know him."

"We didn't know the Blackthorns either when they came to help us all." Ashton said in a whisper. "They were friendly and nice and then they weren't. I think this big ole house is meant to help people like us. People like him. Let's just wait till morning, Liv. You never know, he might be what everyone needs. Or he might kick us out. But I don't think he will."

Messages In This Thread
The Morning After [House Party cont] - by Nox - 10-07-2024, 06:47 PM
RE: The Morning After [House Party cont] - by Ashton - 10-08-2024, 09:44 AM
RE: The Morning After [House Party cont] - by Nox - 10-09-2024, 10:02 PM
RE: The Morning After [House Party cont] - by Nox - 10-11-2024, 09:57 AM
RE: The Morning After [House Party cont] - by Nox - 10-14-2024, 12:40 PM