This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Mountain of Information
Nox chuckled at Jay's status, mostly because he'd been worried there for a while. "Jay was alive and in good humor yesterday." They had joked but he wasn't sure he was alright anymore than he himself was alright, but he was alive and that was important, what he was doing was another question.

He didn't get an answer to his question, though they scenery changed into something more important. He wasn't going to meet with just anybody - but the Ascendancy himself. Not that it surprised him really. Who do you trust with Atharim secrets anyway? He was glad it was the Ascendancy. He might not know the man well, but he knew the Atharim. Knew the problem and their potential, and he knew what life Nox lead. Anyone else was just going to see the morally grey of his life and assume he was a bad apple. That's how it always went.

Nox dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the data stuck he'd been keeping safe so that he'd not have to reach into any hidden parts of his clothing. While Ascendancy might be okay with him, Nox still hadn't forgotten the numerous threats on his life made by the man himself.

Nox found himself chuckling again to himself. Autographs and now sir. Nox smiled at the woman at the door. "And if I said I wasn't ready?" He winked at the woman. "I'm sure no one keeps the man waiting." Nox felt the power even before he had walked into the room where the Ascendancy waited.

The sheer power of it was intoxicating, and the darkness inside stirred. It wanted power. It wanted out. It... Nox sighed as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, maybe the man would think he was just steeling himself for his awe-inspiring presence. Nox had never really deferred to the man - that was probably part of their initial problems. But he wasn't about to start now either. "I wasn't expecting to meet with you personally, though it makes things easier on my part." Nox opened his eyes with a final deep breath. "I have a lot of things to say, and I hate to presume to ask favors, but could you drop the power for now? It's making part of what I have to tell you difficult." Despite the calming, Nox probably should have had a much larger breakfast - or feed the other hunger before attempting to meet with the most powerful man on the planet. But then again, he hadn't known the darkness wanted power. It sought power. Just like it sought more, and food. And he had been there to give them power, and now their darkness was part of him.

Nox growled to himself and took a seat without invitation. It was better than being mobile. "I know you expect deference, but right now being an ass is going to be better than what it wants."

Messages In This Thread
A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-21-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-27-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-28-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-29-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-29-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-02-2020, 01:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-04-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-04-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-05-2020, 03:29 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-05-2020, 10:21 AM