This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away!
Damn, but this pretty much tracks with it all, thal. All of it. Brilliant.

I think the reasoning for showing an accidental killing by Perrin is definitely a sound one. I think the emotional trauma of it being his wife (as opposed to say, master Luhan) is incredibly large. Brandon Sanderson himself argued with Rafe that the resulting trauma and ptsd would be something too big to add to the story to overcome.

Even if she was a dark friend (I don't like this) or was simply in a deep post partum depression and wanted to be free of Perrin (better) her trying to kill him and him killing her inadvertently wouldn't make him feel all that much better. It puts a massive cloud over him.

That said, I love the texture given to the TR folk. It cannot have been a perfect little town with only the Coplins and Congars having problems. All of this just gives these characters more depth in the soil they grew up in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WOT on Prime- Episode 1-3- Spoil Away! - by Armande - 11-24-2021, 01:34 AM