This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

"Leavetaking" early script
I liked the paint scene itself. The colors and all. But the ceremony with the sheep and such... yeah, that's odd.

And I'm glad they cut the sex scenes. Not cuz I don't like them, but because it would have felt forced and out of place. The world of wot certainly has a sexual element, but it was...doled out in small doses. And in general (aside from all the nude ceremonies and spankings) was pretty tastefully done. The scenes described felt like they were trying to be sexual but in an Anti GOT fashion. The focus on female pleasure and agency and will and all that. Which is a good thing, of course. But at the same time, at this point in the story, would have felt gratuitous and completely unnecessary.

An earned love scene- Lan and Nynaeve, for example- would have felt more organic. I do love Rand and Egwene and their relationship being physical works very well. There's more to them here than in the books, which I love. But we didn't need a sex scene to convey that.

So it was a good call.

But damn, changing the cold open to gitaras foretelling and death....that would have been so much better than the opening scene we got. Perhaps they would have felt it was too clichéd. Maybe. Maybe that's why they cut it.

The cutting of the cloaked rider was a huge mistake. It would have colored the rest of the scenes in the TR with an overlay of tension. Throw in the arrival of Moiraine and Lan, and it would have raised the stakes (esp if they had not revealed she was AS until the attack.)

Which us pretty much how the books opening chapters did it. :-p

Still, it is interesting.

Wotup had some casting news and it appears Lanfear will be in season 2. Mildly curious as what direction they take her
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
"Leavetaking" early script - by Thalia - 01-04-2022, 08:29 AM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Jay Carpenter - 01-04-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Thalia - 01-06-2022, 06:25 PM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Marcus DuBois - 01-06-2022, 09:24 PM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Thalia - 01-06-2022, 11:17 PM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Marcus DuBois - 01-12-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: "Leavetaking" early script - by Ascendancy - 01-13-2022, 01:17 AM