This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Launch Party ((Radiance))
Adrian's interaction with Spectra was momentarily interrupted as Nadya, followed closely by her companion Alistair, made their entrance into the conversation. Alistair, with a somewhat assertive demeanor, seemed intent on establishing his presence, perhaps in a subtle display of alpha male posturing. 

Adrian observed this with a flicker of amusement. His intention for the party was not to find female companionship — though he would peel neither Spectra or Nadya away from him should the suggestive posturing lead to more — but to meet those whose dreams he would infiltrate in the coming days. None of those present would have any awareness that they were soon to be interrogated from the comfort of their own beds, and as such, he regarded Alistair with a composed, slightly dismissive air, unimpressed by the attempt to assert dominance. Neither, though, did he call the other man out for it.

Spectra, who had been skillfully flirting with him, was now overshadowed by Nadya’s entrance. Nadya, whom Adrian recognized as a peripheral acquaintance, quickly steered the conversation towards showcasing Alistair's potential as a lucrative investment.

“Alistair here could make you a lot of money, Adrian,” Nadya said confidently, her voice carrying an attempt at persuasion.

Adrian listened politely but responded with a nonchalant shrug.  “I appreciate the suggestion, Nadya, but I don’t dabble in gambling these days. My investments are strategic, calculated. I don’t risk my money on... let’s say, less predictable ventures.”

As Nadya presented Alistair, Adrian took a moment to properly assess the man before him. He extended his hand in a firm handshake, noting the athleticism evident in Alistair’s build. It was clear that Alistair was someone who devoted considerable time and effort to his physical fitness and performance, discipline that Adrian respected. "Adrian Kane,” he introduced himself with a polite nod.

His tone was light, but there was an underlying condescension in his words, a subtle dismissal of the idea of sponsoring Alistair. Adrian was careful not to be outright rude, maintaining the decorum expected of a host, but he made it clear that he was not interested in the proposition. He simply wanted to meet the man as one of multiple suspects whose power might have sabotaged his electrical system.

“I have heard you were making the rounds, Nadya. You should introduce him to Zixin Kao. You’re aware of the clubs he is opening? Unless you already met with Zixin and he turned you down?” With Adrian’s attention firmly fixed on the Russian woman, whose ties to the mafia were known, the suggestion that she dally with the ruthless leader of the Singaporean Syndicate might be taken in offense. However, it remained to be seen how far she was willing to go for success.
"Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing."
+ Adrian +

Messages In This Thread
The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Ezvin Marveet - 11-20-2023, 01:01 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 11-20-2023, 05:02 PM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 11-30-2023, 10:45 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-04-2023, 10:54 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-06-2023, 11:03 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-07-2023, 10:42 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-11-2023, 10:58 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-14-2023, 10:24 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Nox - 12-20-2023, 10:26 AM
RE: The Launch Party ((Radiance)) - by Sage - 12-22-2023, 05:23 PM