This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Seanchan Spy
[Image: Eithne.jpg] [Image: Malaika-Sedai.webp]
Eithne and Malaika, Brown Ajah

As Zella had promised, Malaika felt no grogginess the next morning, but despite it her head was clouded by thought, and her gaze held that far away quality come to be associated with the sisters of the Brown Ajah. Sat astride the amber mare Anura had acquired her for the journey home, she barely noticed as the Gaidar took the reins and led her out of the stables. 

I have been a fool, she thought. As blind a fool as ever there was. She remembered Chakai’s image, and her hand throbbed as if in protest, a shooting pain travelling the length of her fingers. It sobered her, but also sucked out the usually peaceful aura around the young Brown. The smallest line between her eyes betrayed her consternation; her worries and her guilt.

Last night, caught in the moment, it had made perfect sense to cast aside all rationality and chase the dreams she had harboured secretly for so long. And yet what had she truly gained? For all that she had confronted her brother, she had come away with nothing. Noting but a regret that weighed heavy on her shoulders, a ghost that would last always.  Light, but she had thought not going would have left her with questions unanswered and a regret to haunt her.

"Will this mount do, Aes Sedai?"

The words jolted her, and she looked down at the Atha'an Miere woman as though seeing her for the first time that morning. Her dark gaze held little emotion, but one hand had planted itself impatiently on her hip. Across from her, seated colourfully upon a pale palfrey, Eithne Sedai's gaze was upon her also. She felt a light heat bloom in her usually pale cheeks, and felt silly for it.

"Oh, yes… Yes, of course, Anura. I’m sorry, I was just… caught in thought."

“A new day, sister.” Eithne guided her horse over, and they waited while Anura finalised the arrangements. “How pretty the sun looks over the domes of the Ebou Dari palaces, don’t you think?  Nothing like the shadows and gloom of moonlight. Come, Malaika. It is time to leave this place behind.”

Malaika heard the Brown’s words, and she also heard what she was really saying.  The young sister nodded, tucking the long braid of her hair over her shoulder.  Soon I shall be back at the Tower.  I shall be Home.
[Image: cherry-blosson.png]
• ChihiroKōta •
MalaikaKwan Yin • Diana

Messages In This Thread
The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:07 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:15 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:52 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 03:06 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 03:12 PM