This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Seanchan Spy
[Image: kas.jpg]
Kasimir Nevaren

Kasimir woke to a shove in the ribs. He groaned, rolled, and met the sharp bristles of a broom. Reality flooded back. He was half tempted to roll back and shut his eyes. I don’t need this. I really don’t need this.

“You can’t sleep here. Come on out of my doorway, this isn’t the Rahad you know.” The woman hit him again, and though Kaz felt the stirrings of a hot temper, he knew better than to test the patience of an Ebou Dari woman.

“Okay, okay! he murmured, hauling himself to his feet. The remains of last nights ale was fetid on his breath, and the Light alone knew the last time he had managed to wash. But he was too proud to return home, no matter the emptiness of his pockets or the filth on his neck. “Who needs a roof, anyway…” he said to himself as he stepped out into the cool winter sun. A soft ice had settled last night, and he was frozen through his skin to his bones. His fingers were stiff and blue with cold, even wrapped in strips of old material as they were; certainly not flexible enough to hope to be able to hold a knife. Betting on his duelling skills was about the only income Kaz could get. I look as though I should be in the Rahad, he thought to himself, noting the disgruntled gazes upon him as he passed.

Wandering down and through the market, he relieved a stall of some bread in swift passing. The empty pit of his stomach consumed it readily; it was hardly enough, though, and he licked the crumbs from his fingers and wished for more when it was gone. When was the last time he’d had a decent meal? Light… He came to rest in a courtyard, balancing on the edge of a fountain basin. His joints ached from rough sleeping, and he rubbed the back of his neck, twisting his head. Tiny droplets of water sprayed against his back. And when was the last time I had a bath…

Something in him snapped.  The ridiculousness of the situation washed over him, cool with anger.  He was not some pauper, some beggar to wander the streets. The anger streamed to a fine point, spearing the face of his father in his mind’s eye. I’m not going back, he thought fiercely, and I’m not staying here…

It left one clear option in his mind.

He would go to Tar Valon…
[Image: cherry-blosson.png]
• ChihiroKōta •
MalaikaKwan Yin • Diana

Messages In This Thread
The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:07 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:15 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: The Seanchan Spy - by Eidolon - 02-01-2024, 02:52 PM