This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan]
Nox waited outside the building for the girl to leave. It wasn't soon. And it left him time to practice inverting weaves, and to contact Sage. He needed a ride home soon, for two -- if things went according to plan. Nox wasn't going to leave this girl to the Atharim -- she was just a kid after all. And he had contacts, connections. Try one, then the other. The Ascendancy would love to have a female to train -- or at least one who knew what the fuck she was doing to some degree. There were only a handful -- but that was last resort. If Ori wouldn't take her, or Juls. But mostly Ori -- Juls would help but it was Oriena and Carmen who'd have the last say in the matter.

One shit life for another. But at least this one came with a roof over your head. And he'd help -- he was amassing a few kids under his wings -- too bad he couldn't help any of them really -- he could barely take care of himself.

Nox followed Sae through the streets and into a club. The music pounded and Nox felt the rush of music and power and could have got lost in it. But he wanted to get back home. The pull was strong -- and now he understood just a little bit more about why. Had something to do with the horde on top of his wants. The two continuing to interplay with one another. Nox was learning... not controlling but learning. Another key to survival perhaps.

Sae grabbed a drink and stayed at the bar. Nox moved in next to her and leaned in to whisper like some skeevy slag hitting on a younger girl. "I know what you are. I know what you've been doing. You've a mark on your name. I won't kill you, but someone will." He reached his arm around her shoulder and flicked his fingers, from the tips jumped a blue flame. "Don't try anything, all I gotta do is tug, and your head will roll." Nox tugged a little on the cord of razer sharp air wrapped around her neck. "Come with me." He said and let the weaves drop and left the building.

Sae didn't follow. Obviously. Nox waited for her to leave out the back. He stood in the rain as it fell from the sky and she stared at him. "You don't give up."

"Not when little girl's lives are on the line. Look, people are following me. They are now following you because of me. He'll find a way to take you down, because I won't. And I'd rather not have that hanging on my head. I can take you someplace safe. May not be the greatest thing in the world. But it's better than robbing banks and way better than dying."

She stammered. "I can't leave my friends."

"You can. And you will if you want to keep them safe. The people after you want you dead. Not exactly sure why they sent me, if they really wanted you dead. I thought they knew me better than that. A test -- I dunno. But either way. You'll do what's best for them."

Nox handed her a note with time and place "Meet me here and I'll make sure you get there safe. You wanna try your own luck, then by all means stay. No skin off my nose. I tried." He wasn't taking chances Hayden might follow him. Go a way they didn't expect and not through the Atharim.

She'd do the right thing. He thought to himself as he walked away.

Messages In This Thread
Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-13-2024, 09:29 AM
RE: Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-14-2024, 09:46 AM
RE: Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-15-2024, 09:14 AM
RE: Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-16-2024, 07:40 PM
RE: Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-18-2024, 10:16 AM
RE: Not This Time [Tokyo, Japan] - by Nox - 03-19-2024, 11:28 PM