This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lost Time
Dreams. Nox hated dreams. He never had any good ones. They were always filled with death and failure and waking to nightmares was never fun. He'd chosen to sleep very little and drink lots of caffeine every day. He worked hard and tried to pass out. It rarely worked the nightmares still came.

They came even with the pain. His head felt better, but whatever they had jabbed him with made it all go away and he passed out into the darkness. But then the nightmares took hold. All his failures come to bear. Everyone from his mother and now even a new one - failing his father. Failing to be the son that he had wanted. It had always been there. Nox failing his father, but the images of Jaden and then Jay and Sage and shit the countless guys he'd seen and wondered then forgot because of his father.

Failure after failure played over and over again and as the pain came back the dreams died and sounds came to the forefront. Beeping and voices. Soft and close.

A rattled chain against metal. The sound rang as Nox tried to move. Opening his eyes hurt. Moving hurt, but he had to move. Sit up. "Water."
But little sound came out of his mouth.

Nox opened his eyes and found a glass of water held in front of him my a small hand. Nothing familiar. He looked up, blinked away the tears from the bright light behind the man, woman, who?

"Do you know where you are Mr. Durante?"

"Moscow I hope."

Things were coming into perspective and Nox pressed back into the bed and sighed when he felt the cold metal against his skin. "How long?"

"About 6 hours. We are treating the burns and your head CT came back clean despite the blood dried in your ears."

Nox rattled the cuffs again. "Where are the officers?"

"You have a guard outside your door, and Detective Vega went to the station to try to help your friend. His words."

And then the whole situation came crashing in. Jay had confessed to the murder of the stygza. Dumb ass! "Am I under arrest?"

"Not yet, Mr. Durante. This is a percaution we are told, you are dangerous." She said with a genuine smile.

Nox laughed. "Cuffs aren't going to stop me if I really was dangers, Duckling. Can they come off?"

She shrugged. "I'll ask, and I'll get the doctor. You hold tight."

Nox smirked, "Not going anywhere Duckling."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-18-2018, 06:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-19-2018, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 11:01 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM