This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Hill left behind
[Image: 45D82B85-3562-4DF7-985C-54BDB0B5ACCE_zpstym1xvwu.jpg]

Dr. Roswell Jenkins
PPC

After the Federal government legalized national funding for chimera science in 2018, Roswell Jenkins opened the first laboratory in the field at the National Institutes of Health. With dual PhD's in genetics and molecular engineering, his lab quickly shot to the forefront of scientific news and one of the most productive in the National Institute of Aging, if not in all of NIH.

Using human DNA injected into rodent embryos, Doctor Jenkins research was also controversial. He was quickly discovering new treatments for diseases of aging, like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, but his passions began all those long years ago when he trained at Johns Hopkins. Like his training, his time at Hopkins was pivotal for many reasons. But one of them was for cultivating a friendship with a man with a dual major in science and public policy. He eventually went into politics, elected to Congress, and was now the current Speaker of the House. Oliver Holden, an old friend and college roommate of Roswell's, sat in his living room in his house in Frederick, Maryland, one of the most affluent suburbs of DC and adjacent to the National Institutes of Health main campus.

They each drank a scotch. The nub of Oliver's cigar lay cold on the ash tray on the coffee table. Knowing their ill health effects, Roswell declined the vice, but I'm his stupidity, Oliver enjoyed them, so he let his old friend indulge. The cleaning service would dissolve the residues from the furniture tomorrow. Meanwhile, Roswell twisted a brass ring about his thumb, one embossed with an hourglass symbol.

"I agree with you, Oliver. Dawson is losing his nerve. All these humiliations over the last two years. Then the spoiled nuclear energy plan and the tragedy in Ohio. It's appalling."

"The Veep too. He agrees with Dawson. The looks on their faces were clear. If they have their way, every god reborn will be imprisoned. That cannot be allowed to happen." A feverish gleam narrowed Oliver's eyes with determination. Roswell nodded.

"I agree. We have come closer than ever in the last hundred years. Ever since Watson and Crick crystallized DNA. My research is on the verge of Nobel worthy discoveries. And the gods finally reveal themselves to the world. We need them to finish our work."

The Speaker leaned forward in his seat. "So you agree? Dawson and Palin must both meet their deaths?"

Roswell nodded, "That would make you President." He stated matter of fact.

A victorious grin spread Oliver's face. "But that is not why I want this."

Roswell's brows lifted. Liar
"Of course not." He lifted his glass. "Memento mori." Oliver did have one thing right. The White House needed reorganizing.

Oliver mirrored him. "Memento mori."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-08-2016, 05:39 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-09-2016, 02:26 PM