This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preparation Required
Information Theory and Microbiology one hell of a mouthful but then so was chemistry and metallurgy and the assorted other ology's - probably some geology and other things to go along with it all.  And math - the math was going to be more interesting and time consuming.

"A career, but does it make you happy.  Like titillating happy, better than sex happy?"  Ilesha laughed.  "I love what I do."  She pointed at the library, "This, it's just stuff to do.  A curiosity. A theory coming to life. I'd be happy just working on motorcycles and cars that need a little TLC."  

There was a bench under a tree and Ilesha nodded her head to it.  She sat down and hoped Liv would follow suit.  It felt good to be outside for a while.  "Nothing makes me happier than tearing down a carburetor and putting it back together.  Sure I could be hitting the books.  Or I could be working some dead end job in some research facility doing god knows what, making all sorts of this so called money that seems to make the world go round, but I'd be miserable.  I want to get my hands dirty.  To feel the metal in my hands, and the grease on my fingers.  And that's what I do, this is just a passing moment."

Messages In This Thread
Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 06:01 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-10-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-10-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-11-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-11-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-12-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Preparation Required - by Ilesha - 02-13-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: Preparation Required - by Liv - 02-13-2019, 06:34 PM