This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Deep End
That Bitch!

The thing that pissed Nox off more was that Dorian knew. He knew Yun Kao held Ivan's family over a barrel and was alright with that situation. But Dorian had betrayed him for the same reason - to keep his family safe. Nox didn't like it at all but there was a firm understanding between them. Nox didn't need Dorian's help in this. Fuck, with Ascendnacy's new 'order' Nox could do this without Dorian at all. This was precisely the reason he would be working with Domovoi - not for - with! Dorian would learn soon enough.

But Ivan grasped the power, it raged around him like the look in his eyes and Nox pulled at his own power. He wove the shield in front of Ivan's face but did not drop the net over the other man. He would not start a war in the middle of the coffee shop. Nox realized at that moment the power hadn't stabbed at him, though now it hurt once he realized it. The fears coursing through his veins even as he was confident he could do this all with ease.

Dorian stood up and took his leave, leaving Lih cringing in the back asking to take automatic weapons into a confined space where bullets could ricochet, that wasn't going to work for Nox.

Ivan felt Nox take the power and weave a net he'd used on him previously. He glared at Nox hard, daring him. Vega stood, speaking. Ivan still felt rage, but the words tempered it a bit. Vega had family too. Still didn't clear the guy. Ivan still wanted to fuck him up.

The man stood, closing out his side of the meetup. Ivan watched him go, ignoring Nox, feeling the anger leave- at least a bit. The fire was there but the roar had died down a little. He looked at Nox, eyes narrowed. "Let it go. I'm not gonna fight you in here with all these people."

Nox shook his head. "I will not let it go until you do. I'm only protecting people. I understand your problem better than you think, but right now, if you don't sit down and drop it, we'll have to see who's the bigger gun here." Nox was not threatening Ivan, just stating a fact. He sat calmly in his chair and made no move to do anything other than let the power go.

Ivan glared at Nox. He'd felt that net. And Nox was more experienced. Still....part of him didn't want to let go. Not that he was going to lash out at him now. Vega was gone. And he knew Nox. The guy was just trying to keep him from doing something.

Still....he held on to the power for a moment. Watched Nox sitting, as if not threatened. No. That wasn't true. His tension had nothing to do with Nox.

No. But Nox wasn't his target. Vega was. And then Yun.

He nodded and dropped the power, sitting down but leaning forward, his broad frame covering half the table. "I won't let Vega or Yun Kao hold my family hostage. If that means going through you, you better believe I will."

Nox smirked even as he let go of the power. "Go after anyone you want, but I won't let you do it while there are innocents around. I have no love for Yun Kao or Dorian at the moment. And I'm sure you know you won't get away with it, specially now that you've done what you did in front of the young pale officer over there. And I don't think the Ascendancy would like me letting the very thing I'm supposed to be stopping at the very start of this so-called new job he gave me." Nox shrugged. "Not that anyone saw more than swearing and grand standing - except me. But that's for later, we have a job to do."

Nox looked over at the panicked officer. "You are going to have to start manning up if you intend to find monsters. They aren't going to let you have a panic attack." And he should know. It was a dangerous thing when you froze up. He had a few scars to show as proof. "But I'm going to have say that's a hard no on the automatic weapons. We are going down into the tunnels were the space is tight, and I'm not going to have you shoot me by accident because you have shit aim." Nox sighed. "No automatic weapons. But I can give you a pair of contacts that will function as sight and aim among other things. They aren't as good as the land warriors as you have much more limited control of the settings on the fly." Nox was grateful for Sage's gifts even if he couldn't really use them himself.

"I don't have the lenses on me, and I think an early start with less stressors on us is a better than going into the tunnels with a hot head." Nox didn't look to Ivan, but that was who he meant. "Or with panic in our hearts. 8am at the location Dorian's car was found is where we'll start the search for Alistair Pavlo." Nox looked to the other two men. "Anything else?"

[[ with Ivan ]]

Messages In This Thread
The Deep End - by Dorian - 04-12-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Lih - 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Ivan Sarkozy - 05-17-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: The Deep End - by Dorian - 05-20-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Lih - 05-20-2019, 06:05 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Ivan Sarkozy - 05-20-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Dorian - 05-21-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Ivan Sarkozy - 05-23-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: The Deep End - by Lih - 05-24-2019, 01:50 AM
RE: The Deep End - by Dorian - 05-24-2019, 09:44 AM