This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Not gawking
One voice, then a second both of whom held the power. It shouldn't surprise Cruz that there were more than one channeler here. More than one god. Cruz chuckled at his own thoughts, they weren't gods no matter what his father and Nox thought. Just a gift, no different than being a genius.

The first voice was clearly American - they stuck out like sore thumbs in Moscow or any other place for that matter. Their accents their mannerisms - you could always tell. That and he'd lived with two of them for the last few months. But the second Cruz wasn't sure if he should drop the power or take up arms. The Rods of Dominion weren't police but they were Ascendancy's answer to evil channelers. Well that and Domovoi. But they weren't evil channelers. At least he wasn't

Cruz hid his smirk pulling his lips into his mouth before he smiled at the men, 'rods' were a semi-derogatory term for the new men in grey. Nox snickered more than once, but this wasn't Nox's friend. He recognized him from the fund raiser that turned horrific. Cruz still had nightmares.

There was a passing thought of being the rich brat that Nox accused him of being. The I'm not doing anything wrong card you can't stop me. Except he probably could. Cruz couldn't fight, with the power, or his fists - and Nox had tried both time and time again. He just didn't want to do it. There were better uses for his time and energy and Cruz didn't believe the adage that chicks dig scars.

"Just checking out the statue. Seeing how it's made. Ascendancy's a genius I just want to learn." Which was the absolute truth and it answered both of their questions mostly. Cruz pulled on his power a little deeper and spun up a gross exaggeration of one of the more complex structures in the arch he found and it danced in view of the other two men too - the rest of the passerbys would be oblivious to the scene before them. Not quite as good as a holo screen but it did what he needed to do. "I mean look at the beauty in that structure. I wish I could ave been here to see the weave that made it." He couldn't read what was done, only sense the patterns inside the new thing. Nox didn't care, he'd never be of much help in learning the intricacies of the power. He'd never be as strong or as good, but he'd know it inside and out like he did everything else.

Messages In This Thread
Not gawking - by Andre DuBois - 04-24-2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Cruz - 04-29-2019, 09:45 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Andre DuBois - 04-30-2019, 05:09 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Cruz - 04-30-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Andre DuBois - 05-26-2019, 06:27 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Cruz - 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Andre DuBois - 05-27-2019, 11:01 PM
RE: Not gawking - by Cruz - 05-28-2019, 12:12 AM
RE: Not gawking - by Andre DuBois - 05-28-2019, 01:00 AM