This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Before The Storm
Nox drifted in and out of consciousness - pain-induced and just plain weariness combined with the fact that Raffe was in his bed. He wanted more, but right then sleep was quickly overtaking him, even the pain wasn't fighting the weariness from the day's events. He'd exhausted himself with all the power he'd used, and it was now taking a toll on his body. Raffe's voice was like a lullaby, he tried to stay awake as Raffe told him about the lotus plant. The flower he'd bought before he came to the hospital. Home...

Nox's voice faded in and out of sleep as he spoke. "We moved around so much I never slept in the same bed for more than a week. My mom used to say Home was where the heart was - where the ones you loved were." Nox yawned and snuggled closer if that were even possible. "I've never had a real home till I came to Moscow. And this is the first time that the two things have met, loved ones and permanency." Nox smiled against Raffe's neck. "I promise I'll be back and you can teach me all about botany..." The worlds slowed and trailed off into a long breathe followed by another. Sleep finally taking Nox into oblivion. Hopefully, only darkness would reign.

continued here

Messages In This Thread
Before The Storm - by Nox - 04-20-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: Before The Storm - by Raffe - 04-20-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Before The Storm - by Nox - 04-20-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Before The Storm - by Raffe - 04-21-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: Before The Storm - by Nox - 04-21-2020, 11:21 AM
RE: Before The Storm - by Raffe - 04-21-2020, 01:58 PM