This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Mountain of Information
Nox grinned at the treatment he'd received prior. "And you will have to forgive me for being a little more protective of my self-preservation around you." He chuckled. "I do like my life after all." But the talk turned to strategy which Nox was more than willing to let someone else handle, he was a brute force kinda guy and he worked alone, he'd expected to do this alone but the Ascendancy offered his own services. Nox stared in wide-eyed awe. Almost afraid if he spoke the man would retract his statement. "You'd really trust me enough to wield your power and show me what you know?"

That was trust. As much as there was awe in working with the most powerful man on the planet there was an underlying fear. He'd experimented once with someone else watching, and the fool used the trick on him in the end. Nox would never forget that DuBois had used the shield on him as if he hadn't just saved the Ascendancy. He was doing his job - protecting the innocent. It made his blood boil and Nox realized again his temper was getting away from him. He took a deep breath and nodded. "It would be an honor to fight at your side." He didn't trust himself that much was true. And with the hoard at his heels he was sure to feel it more. And there was absolutely no doubt in his mind that the Ascendancy would do as he would - he would kill Nox if he became a danger.

Nox nodded at the second working arm. "At the very least I need to refamiliarize myself with fighting sans arm. But I will see your Doctor,for both. Though, remember if they don't sedate me before drawing blood I'm not going to be responsible for what I do." He grinned as it was mostly a joke, he could keep it together. "There are friends who can help me keep my emotions in check if necessary. I can call him and see if he's free. Whenever the doctor is free. I still want to get in touch with the Atharim. It may not be necessary to fight the creatures, but she can help your scientists. And I feel obligated to help the inquisitor who is hunting me. I should let him die, but Aurora would kick my ass if I did that and all I have left is her memory so I'll honor it. Unless the great and Powerful oz tells me otherwise, I might - might - be inclined to leave it be."

Messages In This Thread
A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-21-2020, 11:50 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-27-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-28-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 04-29-2020, 01:43 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 04-29-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-02-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-02-2020, 01:14 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-04-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-04-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Ascendancy - 05-05-2020, 03:29 AM
RE: A Mountain of Information - by Nox - 05-05-2020, 10:21 AM