This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Letter
The place that she sought was one that Kekura had never before visited despite all her long years in the Tower. It required her to hire a carriage, which significantly slowed the journey. The whole way out of the city she worried that the Asha’man was already gone. The Wheel wove their encounter, of that she was sure, and if it willed this plan to unfold, it would do so. So Kekura’s worry wasn’t a lack of faith that she was meant to be the Amyrlin Seat, but that her rise was going to be delayed significantly. She was ready to have this be done. The Seanchan went unchecked for far too long.

She was dropped at the edge of Moridrosin, which encompassed a hill and walking paths into the woods. It was a hike up, and she checked over her shoulder a few times to check her proximity to the Tower. The rain pattered the carriage the whole way, but it was only a few minutes out in it that Kekura was annoyed. If it wasn’t for her natural sea legs, she would have slipped in the mud multiple times.

Finally, the flicker of light caught her eye and she knew that in this rain, only one thing could sustain fire, and it wasn’t the sense of saidar fueling it.

The Asha’man was tense as a stonefish poised to strike. Her first impression was one of a lost boy, but she couldn’t help but see the outline of Tayigi Lionfish, the long-lost son she encountered in the Black Tower upon her most recent visit. He must have recognized her as a Sister, she thought, but before she lowered her hood, a weave of Wind and Water reached toward the clouds and the rain halted.

Asha’man Kojima, my name is Kekura Sedai,” she said as she pushed back her hood. She wore a red wool cloak with yellow and white stars around the edge. Her hair was pulled tight into dozens of small braids. A chain across the cheek connected gold earrings to her nose ring.

“I know I have disturbed you and it is wrong to do so. Please allow a few minutes to listen to what I have to say. It concerns King Daimon and a plot by the Tower that I think we have the ability to halt.” She paused on that to make sure that she had his full attention and that he was receptive to the story that would follow.

Cautiously, she continued. “I have been informed that a colleague of yours and a woman of the Tower will become a Seanchan slave, Trista Gaidar. Given as a gift from the hand of King Daimon to the Seanchan High Lord he entertains as we speak to be his property. His property,” she emphasized that horrid last word.

“This is an abomination. This one transfer of a human life to be owned by a man will start a tidal wave that won’t stop with the Gaidar. Who is next?” She couldn’t help but keep the heat from her voice, but she also knew that the threat to the gaidar wasn’t enough to win his allegiance.

“If King Daimon goes through with this, he will be the Seanchan pawn forever, and if he doesn’t, he’ll be the Tower’s pawn forever.”

“Help me stop this flood before the first drops fall.”

∞ Kemala ∞ Oyá ∞ Dewi Ratih ∞ Kekura ∞

Messages In This Thread
The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 07-26-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 08-15-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 10-04-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 10-14-2020, 02:35 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 08-16-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: The Letter - by Lawrence Monday - 08-23-2021, 11:58 PM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 11-24-2021, 09:19 PM
RE: The Letter - by Lawrence Monday - 11-26-2021, 04:05 AM
RE: The Letter - by Jay Carpenter - 12-12-2021, 01:19 AM