This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS
Yeah, all good questions.

He told the King of Gealdan the AS should be following him. And he seems to have incredible confidence in himself. Almost more than the Logain we saw in the books (granted, that was post stilling and all that.) This Logain really thinks he is the DR. I saw the Elusha name in x-ray and the name didn't have any meaning to me. I checked the encyclopedic wot companion and there was no character with that name mentioned. He didn't have a sister that was mentioned either.

So it is an interesting manifestation of the taint. It occurs to me...being a name that SOUNDS wotish but isn't taken, and given his words about past lives, perhaps that is a name of a FEMALE false dragon that his madness takes the form of.

So Logains strength is one step below Rand and 5 steps about the strongest woman. They've powered him down a bit so that Nynaeve can outshine him, which isn't a bad thing, necessarily. But he definitely was biding his time, letting himself be held. The 2 channeler shields were not unbreakable.

But it does lead to questions as to how he knew his army attacked. Moiraine DOES appear to be taking advantage of the situation to speak freely with him. At first, she seems almost like she could be convinced he's the DR, but very quickly disabuses him of that idea. Likely that was to get him talking.

I find it hard to believe that she would engineer an attack on the AS camp so she could have a few moments to question him. Not knowing all the collateral damage it would bring. She is a cold blue, it is true. But she has always had a heart, esp with regard to her sisters. Knowing people could die so she could have a conversation when she seems to immediately conclude it isn't him is odd. But we'll see. She seemed to be stalling him a but, as it gave time for Karene and Liandrin to recover. Still, hard to know.

Liandrin. Damn but I love her. In the books she was nothing but selfish, small minded, power hungry, stupid and a hypocrite. She had a disgust for wilders- and then you find she had channeled before she went to the tower. She sought out the BA from the start. She tried to attack Moggy when she was injured by Birgittes bow. This Liandrin is pretty much right despite our being told she is a snake. Not liking Moiraine is pretty much the only "negative " we are truly given. Well that and the gentling at the beginning.

Seeing an AS go over to the shadow would be fascinating. I think I like that more. Because again, she is a cardboard cutout character. Ingtar was far more interesting because his reasons became clearer and clearer. So we might either see her go over or simply see yet more nuance with regard to DFs. Which I love in either case.

She was angry and furious and looked to tears when going at it with Logain. It's possible she feels guilt he died when she let him break free. Maybe she didn't expect him to be so strong. Still, you'd think she'd have her red sisters with her

I still refuse to believe it was Mat that killed the girl. Sentimental reasons, true. But also from a practical standpoint. We already have had Perrin accidentally kill someone. And that guilt has already made him the least interesting so far. Having another 2r folk kill someone (even if possessed) just seems overkill. Still, she was outside. But Mats blade is completely clean. So I lean no, but you never know.

Which I'd never thought I'd be saying about WOT again (aside from the ridiculous Nakomi or the pipe thing.) I love it!! And it's clear, these people love the series. The Easter eggs for readers are great fun and show it.

Random opinion: I honestly think Baalzamons vfx looks stupid. Out of everything, it is the weakest. He reminds me of the alien face in the opening credits of the x-files. Just looks cheap and like 90s lawnmower man cgi. Just my opinion.
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 11-26-2021, 02:23 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-26-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 04:34 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 08:30 PM