This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS
If Logain only acted when they were distracted, they have significantly powered him down. Which is possible. We know he is lesser than nynaeve now. Rand was shielded by an impossible to break 13 but it was held by 6. As it was happening he thought that no 2 or 3 sisters (something like that) could shield him. So yeah, much lower in strength. Which isn't a bad thing. 

I lean toward the distraction only because it fits the time line and events we have. Shielded while asleep (so not planned). And unknowing of the outside world. His madness wouldn't know his army wasn't there yet. I *do* like that he let himself be held, but that doesn't answer why he escaped. Being taken to TV may have been a consequence of his being shielded and he was going to use it. But given the chance to be free....he took that. The more I think about it, the more I am unsure. Both are feasible.

As for the names...I think not revealing the name (and it only shows in the captioning and in the xray) is the showrunners choice. As such, revealing a name of a previous dragon would give it away. We only know one from the lore: LTT. All the other names (yurian stonebow or raoline darksbane) are false dragons. 

And they are clearly not those beings. LTT's soul is currently walking around as Rand. Compulsion forms...that is interesting. Semirage and Graendal did it. Still, that's a departure from Ishamaels techniques. He's much more direct. Still, in service to chaos....

Yep, So can't be sure there, though I lean taint.

Mat...in possession cases it would not have been mat who did it. And his memory of that time becomes Swiss cheese from the dagger. So he might not carry that particular guilt (though it WAS their fault, ultimately.) But I still lean fade. Mat has a lot of character defining things going on so far and Rand few. Other than his breaking down the door, nothing about him is standing out as a possible dragon. Adding killing while possessed seems....overkill.

I am loving non  book readers reactions and theorizing. Have been hearing all kinds of cool stuff. People declaring what they think is happening. I love the excitement it generates in new fans.

Re Logain Jesus... yeah, good catch jaxen. I thought Logain might be used to show the terror and danger of a male channeler. But he seems sane enough to elicit loyalty from former enemies. So it's an interesting take. I'm still Not getting the visceral fear of male channelers beyond words. No madness that results in obliteration like we *heard* in the novels (and then only in book 4, too late to color and inform Rands desire to flee from the power.) Rand is driven nearly mad trying to get away from it by book 3.Personally, it never translated as to why the power frightened him so much.

Be interesting if we have a moment similar to Perrin's to *show* why male channelers should be nightmare people.

But I think we are in good hands. Loving this turning of the wheel.
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Ascendancy - 11-26-2021, 02:23 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-26-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 04:34 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 11-27-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: WoT on Prime Episode 4 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 11-27-2021, 08:30 PM