This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS
Yeah, Barney leaving before everything was done- and he deleted any trace of social media, etc- it left them a quagmire and so I will give them a lot of leeway in how they deal with Mat. Playing up the what if he was it, we're fucked angle works. They had to make do with what they had. Clearly that was stock retcon footage they reused for Mat not going.

(12-10-2021, 05:45 PM)Thalia Wrote: Valda was terrified of Perrin. I think he is mixed with Byar and 100% will be hunting down the yellow eyed darkfriend next season. He may not have personally killed any Whitecloaks but I think Valda is enough fanatic that it doesn't matter. Hell think Perrin instructed the wolves to do it or something.
Not sure if this works. But that all depends on how it is played out. Yes, Valda won't see it the same. Like Byar (and Dain) and their unreasonable blaming of Geofram's death at the hand of the Seanchan, Valda will blame Perrin ad it will drive the animosity.
But at the core of it- and why Perrin let them have a mental hold on him- was that he really did kill 2 WCs. He agreed to let them take him in book 4 if they aided at the battle of the 2R. And then in book 13 or whatever, he stood trial with Morgase and Galad over those deaths. Granted, we are talking things far into the future and they may not be plot elements we see (though seeing the WC rehabilitated by Galad should happen. Currently they are stock bad guys- I love 'em with their obvious "police style" haircuts and mustaches- but they do play a role and should be more nuanced. Hell, if the DF's can be sympathetic....). So those specifics will be moot.
But Perrin really did carry some guilt or fear over his killing of the WC. Maybe theyve transferred that fully over to his issues over killing his wife. In which case, I suppose it doesn't matter. Same point is made, different specifics.

(12-10-2021, 05:45 PM)Thalia Wrote: For the eye being described as the DO's prison I think that's handholding for the viewer, who is expecting this to be Ishy. I think it will end up being a lure in order to either get them to break the first seal (and let the forsaken out in the show) or manipulating the dragon into setting the prophecy in motion. Sooner he does that the sooner the DO is free after all. Suian's dream was that the DO is weak and they might be able to strengthen the prison, or seal him permanently. It wasn't to kill him I don't think.

Siuan specifically said killing him. though it's interesting that the DO hasn't, in the story, been presented as a being equal with the creator. That's curious. He's being treated almost like a Voldomort character. A powerful mortal, but mortal all the same. Very likely, they are going for a confusion with Baalzamon/Ishy. But it is odd that we haven't seen the proper world view even from the AS. There's no catechism about the DO being sealed at the moment of creation. In the books, Rand is considered insane for thinking he can kill the DO. In the bonus videos, we've not seen any details regarding the sealing of he DO either.

It makes me wonder if they are really keeping it a mystery or if they've conflated Ishy with the DO. Or maybe, the DO isn't actually the threat and more a force of nature. Which, truthfully, I never bought even from Sanderson. The DO spoke to Demandred. Made promises. Exercised agency and planning. It was he that resurrected Aginor, Balthamel and Lanfear. IT was he that manifested as Shaidar Haran. It is not a simple transcendent being. The DO, as played in the books- both by his words and actions- is not a simple force. When Rand sealed him away and treated him as if he was just a preexisting force that merely allowed for evil or let people manifest what they most desired- amplified it- it seemed odd given what we actually SAW and HEARD him do.

So it will be interesting to see how they play this. But at least so far and S and M (there's my new abbreviation for them) the DO can possibly be killed.

(12-10-2021, 05:45 PM)Thalia Wrote: I think what her dream actually means is that the seal there is about to break. It's one of the locks on the DO's prison after all so it makes sense when you're talking about the difficult interpretation of dreams, and she has just misunderstood (or been deceived if Ishy is sending the dream)

This works for me too. The dragon being at the Eye was important and gotten from the pattern, though M had no idea what he was supposed to do there. No one did. Just that he needed to be there.

Someone suggested the ways are being activated by Dreadlords or Forsaken. (And that Liandrin is actually meeting a forsaken. I have a feeling Liandrin has been merged with Alviarin. So it works. She was sleeping with Belal.) All of which explains how the Trollocs arrived. But the other side is that it still makes Loial superfluous. Meeting an an ogier in Caemlyn with knowledge of the ways when they needed to get to Fal Dara and the Eye quickly was the pattern.

Now, what do they need Loial for? If the ogier have no connection to the ways (which, if it's power activated, that kind of what it means) then it is odd.

Maybe they'll explain it.

Half the trouble is that these changes have ramifications and repercussions and so you go crazy trying to figure out what it all will mean for the future. I am not sure I can turn that off- and maybe I need to....
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods

Messages In This Thread
WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 11:34 AM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Thalia - 12-10-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: WoT on Prime episode 6 SPOILERS - by Mikhail - 12-10-2021, 06:40 PM