This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reacclimating (Kallisti House of Burlesque)
Nox smirked.  "I'm not real fond of getting beat up by girls.  Not saying it can't happen -- it has.  Just fighting isn't foreplay for me, know a few guys who think that way though."  Nox remembered hanging with Bas a few times and that's where he went afterwards.  There was a lot of death in his life -- some of it his fault, some of it not.  Bas wasn't his fault -- but he lost a lot in that fire.  He hadn't lost Nova then, but Nova was gone now.  More fucking death.

Nox's body drooped against the door, the sadness, anger and exhaustion pulling at his body.  He really needed to talk to Raffe. 

Elyse's question pulled NOx from his thoughts and he wished he had rewind like Sage did.  Would make life easier.  Maybe he could have something like that installed on his wallet so he could zone out like Sage and still be able to see what he missed.  Wouldn't be as convenient though. Nox gave Elyse a tired smile, he didn't refute her sexy as hell.  It hadn't been what he'd found attractive it was the banter and the connection.  "Dancing doesn't mean you can't bounce or the other way around if you wanted on that payroll too.  But let the girls run you through the ringer first. I don't need your resume. I do both -- though I've not danced since losing the arm." he lifted the stump cut off just after the elbow.  It felt nice having it out, floppy hoodie sleeve and all.  And less likely to break something in this tired state.

"It's not weird. Be a sex symbol, do what makes you happy. But remember that the personas on stage aren't always the same as they are back here."  Nox meant that as a reminder Mist did not equal Mae.  Hell whoever he was on stage was definitely not who he was behind the curtain.  Hell most of the time behind the curtain Nox was still a mask.  Right now he felt that mask slipping.  There was only so long he could put out the happy-go-lucky bright-eyed boy when his anxiety was at 1000 and his body ached with exhaustion.  The door beeped downstairs -- was that Raffe? 

He heard the voice and his stomach flipped. “Thanks for today. Free drink on the house if you’re interested? Just tell them Raffe said so.”

Sage laughed. "Maybe another time. I wanna see if Aidan's home." He lied -- Sage knew exactly where Aidan was, just like he knew exactly where Nox was.

Nox put his left hand down and forgot his arm wasn't attached and he tumbled into the door jamb. "Fuck!" he shouted. Thankfully the coffee in his other hand wasn't scalding hot as it spilled over his hoodie and jeans. Nox sank back against the door and gave Elyse a don't even look as he reached through the slime and grime of the power with in. His stomached rolled even more with the off putting ichor now part of his day to day life. Nox took a deep breathe biting back the gag reflex as he pulled the coffee from his clothes with the power of the gods. "Elyse. I gotta go, or rather, you gotta go. I need to talk to Raffe."

When he was finished cleaning up he stood up without trying to support himself with the missing arm. "Let me introduce you, we can talk tomorrow if you want. Or you have my number." He didn't really wait for Elyse to acknowledge as he started down the stairs.

His stomach flipped and he kept his breath steady. Seeing Raffe standing down stairs brought all the shit back and he had to push it away. "Hey Raffe.This is Elyse, she'll be stopping by tomorrow for the girls to give her tryout. Elyse, this is Raffe," Nox licked his lips nervously as he said the words, "my boyfriend." That might be the last time he uttered those words. Fuck he hated himself right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reacclimating (Kallisti House of Burlesque) - by Nox - 12-09-2022, 07:12 PM