This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reacclimating (Kallisti House of Burlesque)
He cried for a long time, even as shame constricted his chest for it. It wasn’t something he was proud for Nox to witness, but he’d never been good at concealing emotion. Grief unfurled for what was lost. Whatever they were now, what they had been before was irretrievable. Even forgiveness couldn’t restore the innocence of Raffe’s trust. Eventually his fingers eased their desperate grip and his breathing began to calm. When the flood of it eased, he felt hollowed out.

He rested his head back against the wall, let his legs fall straight, hands left to fall limp in his lap. His throat burned, and he rubbed it idly. Nox’s proximity did not go unnoticed, but Raffe only rested quietly against his shoulder. His lips flickered a grim smile as the words sunk in, but the expression was short-lived. They’d come full circle.

“I don’t know where we go from here,” he admitted. His voice was a harsh whisper, raw from the crying. “I don’t blame you. I can’t blame you. You were nothing but honest with me, Nox. But I think I need time to get my head around it all.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reacclimating (Kallisti House of Burlesque) - by Raffe - 12-31-2022, 08:37 PM