This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Filling the Days
[Image: Jole-1-e1691662502530.jpg?w=387&ssl=1]
Chapter 6: The Red

Ah, the sound of his fake name. It was a good name, one invented so many years past that he still fondly remembered the first time it was uttered on the winds of desperation and chance. The impatience in the woman that entered said the great Dragon sent a healer after all, but not one happy to be in Jole’s humble presence, which was always quite surprising. Even in his prime, there was hardly an Aes Sedai he couldn't charm to his cause. He popped a grape into his mouth but didn’t bother shifting. It was too uncomfortable to move. Despite his shirt flung open as far as it could go, sweat clung his clothes to his body. It was bloody hot, and he yearned for the ice fans of the previous Age. Despite the oppressive air, the windows were shuttered and the room heavy with dimness. He wasn’t lying when he claimed the desire for a healer.

When he bothered to glance at the woman who interrupted his deep thoughts, his expression fell to flatness. “I am offended, Aes Sedai.” He clearly did not remember her name - else he wanted her to believe it was forgotten - even if he recognized her. “If I have annoyed our great lord Dragon, I will surely apologize immediately.” He smirked.

Head cocked to the side, three hundred year old eyes studied her up and down. He’d been threatened with worse, of course. And despite the modern Aes Sedai’s binding themselves to the truth, he wouldn’t underestimate this one’s capacity to make good on her promise. 

“Let me know if you ever want to acquaint yourself with my ‘shriveled’ organ, strictly for educational purposes of course, so long as we don't detach it. I’m happy to play the role of teacher.” He held that fiery gaze with mirth unflinching. He could make good on promises also.

“But not now. I’ve too disruptive a headache and our dear Dragon does so much want to talk. Let’s not keep him waiting?” A flick of the hand waved her over expectantly. 

Laying himself comfortably amid a mountain of pillows, one arm thrown up over his head, and a shit-eating grin plastered on his muddled face, Jorin was certainly in no rush.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
Filling the Days - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-09-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: Filling the Days - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-10-2023, 01:53 AM
RE: Filling the Days - by Morven - 08-11-2023, 06:23 PM
RE: Filling the Days - by Jaxen Marveet - 08-12-2023, 07:58 PM
RE: Filling the Days - by Morven - 08-24-2023, 04:29 PM
RE: Filling the Days - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-01-2023, 06:12 PM
RE: Filling the Days - by Morven - 09-17-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: Filling the Days - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-18-2023, 07:02 PM